2018 Summer Guides
Does summertime feel like a juggling act? Trying to keep the kids happy and entertained is no small feat—and doing it within the family budget can be easier said than done! MetroFamily is here to help make summer easier by compiling all our great summer resources in one convenient place.
Your summer fun begins here!
- Summer Survival Guide: 100 Ideas for Frugal Family Fun - COMING SOON
- 20 Ways to Have an Unplugged Summer - COMING SOON
- OKC Summer Bucket List - COMING SOON
- 8 Ways to Beat the Heat With Kids
- Community Street Festivals
- Best places for FREE (or almost free) fun.
- Totally Free Events & Activities
- Independence Day Fun - COMING SOON
- Vacation Bible Schools - COMING SOON
- Summer Camps & Activities
- Summer Reading Programs - COMING SOON
- 50 Things to Do This Summer under $5 - COMING SOON
- Guide to Splash Pads, Pools & Lakes in the OKC Metro
- Outdoor Concerts & Movies
- Perked up Park Playdates: 12 Perfect OKC Play Places
- A Guide to Great Metro Parks
- Top Splash Pads, Pools & Lakes in the OKC metro
- Indoor Summer Fun Guide - COMING SOON
- Your Ultimate Guide for Indoor Play in OKC
- Indoor Pools in the OKC Metro
- Editor's Picks: Indoor Entertainment in OKC
- FREE Museums in OKC
- Summer Bucket List for Teens - COMING SOON
- Best Places to Have Fun with Teens & Tweens in the OKC metro
- Editor's Picks: Offbeat Teen Hangouts
- Volunteer opportunities for teens and tweens.
- Editor's Picks for great gaming destinations.
- Calendar of events especially for teens.
- A Month-By-Month Look at the Best Local Events for Teens in the OKC metro.
- Summer Bucket List for Toddlers - COMING SOON
- Mommy & Me classes in the metro.
- Toddler activity ideas from our Family Fun Guide.
- Story times in the OKC metro.
- Animal encounters in Oklahoma
- Our picks for the best toddler events in Oklahoma City each month.
- Calendar of events especially for preschoolers.
- Pick-Your-Own Farms
- Farmers Markets in the OKC Metro
- Editor's and Readers' Picks for best snow cones in OKC
- Places to Find Cool Treats in OKC
- 7 Surprising Kid-Friendly Eats in OKC
- Oklahoma Festivals - COMING SOON
- 10 Trips on a Tankful
- 4 Can't-Miss Lake Trips
- Best ‘Beaches’ in Oklahoma
- 5 Steps to a Happy Road Trip With Kids
- More ways to Explore Oklahoma and Beyond
- Stephanie's Kitchen is full of easy, healthy recipe ideas—sure to please even the pickiest eater!
- Weekend Warrior helps you find what to do and where to go in the OKC metro
- Inclusive OKC posts highlighting local restaurants, businesses and attractions that are especially welcoming to families with children with special needs.
- Thrive & Dime is a blog for Oklahoma City parents interested in saving money on local family fun.
- Making your next outing a learning experience with our Field Guides
- Save money with our exclusive Kids Pass Deals
- Enter to win our current contests
- Find local restaurants offering family-friendly discounts
- Get our Top 10 Weekend Events in your inbox each week
Looking for More Summer Fun?
Use our comprehensive online calendar below to find the perfect events for your family. Click on any day to see the entire list of events taking place around the metro. You can also search for only events in a specific location (i.e. Norman, Edmond, Mustang) or sort the entire calendar by category (free events, live music, outdoor activities, story times, etc) to view only events of that type. Happy searching!