The Oklahoma City metro area is teeming with opportunities to have great family fun that will be easy on your wallet. We polled our readers for their favorite free (or nearly free) places and activities in the metro and here, in random order, are their recommendations:
Editor’s note: Due to COVID-19 precautions, some of the following events and venues may have adjusted their hours or programming. Please check with each venue directly to verify.
- See the world’s largest collection of military firearms and a variety of war artifacts at the 45th Infantry Division Museum. Check out these other free museums in the metro too!
- Explore nature at Martin Park Nature Center.
- Volunteer at the Regional Food Bank. Rewarding, humbling, gratifying and so much more. (Find other family volunteering opportunities here.)
- Be inspired at Oklahoma City Museum of Art’s Free Family Days on select Sundays several times a year.
- Stroll through Myriad Botanical Gardens & nearby Scissortail Park.
- Explore community history at the Edmond Historical Society & Museum.
- Spend time together at monthly events like Live on the Plaza or Paseo’s First Friday Gallery Walk. Find even more OKC street festivals on this list.
- Enjoy storytimes and other activities at the Metropolitan Library System and Pioneer Library System branch libraries. (Libraries are offering limited services.)
- Create together at Oklahoma Contemporary’s Second Saturday events on the second Saturday of every month.
- Enjoy FREE admission at the Fred Jones Jr. Museum of Art every day!