The Oklahoma City metro area is teeming with opportunities to have great family fun that will be easy on your wallet. We polled our readers for their favorite free (or nearly free) places and activities in the metro and here, in random order, are their recommendations:
- See the world’s largest collection of military firearms and a variety of war artifacts at the 45th Infantry Division Museum. Check out these other free museums in the metro too!
- Explore nature at Martin Park Nature Center.
- Volunteer at the Regional Food Bank. Rewarding, humbling, gratifying and so much more. (Find other family volunteering opportunities here.)
- Be inspired at Oklahoma City Museum of Art’s Free Family Discovery Days on select days throughout the year. Kids always get in free to the museum any day of the year!
- Stroll through Myriad Botanical Gardens & nearby Scissortail Park.
- Explore community history at the Edmond Historical Society & Museum.
- Spend time together at monthly events like Live on the Plaza or Paseo’s First Friday Gallery Walk. Find even more OKC street festivals on this list.
- Enjoy storytimes and other activities at the Metropolitan Library System and Pioneer Library System branch libraries.
- Create together at Oklahoma Contemporary’s Second Saturday events on the second Saturday of every month.
- Enjoy FREE admission at the Fred Jones Jr. Museum of Art every day!
For even more free or low-cost activities for your family, visit www.metrofamilymagazine.com/free-fun/ or sign up for our e-newsletters here to be sure you don’t miss a thing! Or, check out our round-up of the best free events, ideas for a no-spend weekend and more!