As our kids pass through yet another phase of life, we are reminded that their carefree childhood days are numbered. Let’s relish in the days still to come and make this summer count with the help of this list of summertime fun for teens and tweens, packed with all the makings for the ultimate summer for older kids.
- Hit up a metro street festival to enjoy shopping, live music, food truck fare and more.
- Make new friends and life-long memories at a summer camp.
- Hit up a food truck park or a food hall and have a foodie adventure.
- Give back to the community with one of these family volunteering opportunities in the Metro.
- Keep cool at a local pool.
- Nothing says summer like snow cones! Share some quality time over a delicious icy treat from a local favorite snow cone stand.
- Catch a flick at an outdoor movie venue.
- Enjoy some tunes under the stars at one of the many concerts happening in local parks across the metro.
- Break out your bikes for a summer ride at one of our editor’s picks of top biking spots.
- Take in some classic films brought back to the big screen at Harkins Theatre’s Tuesday Night Classics. Or elevate the nostalgia at a drive-in!
- See some of their favorite artist live at the Zoo Amphitheater.
- Plan a weekend getaway and explore our great state. If they are old enough, kick back and let them do the driving!
- Get your adrenaline pumping at a new OKC adventure destination like RIVERSPORTS Rapids or iFLY.
- Make memories together at a summer festival.
Looking for even more summer fun? Check out our summer fun resources and our searchable calendar, both packed with family fun every day! Or sign up for Weekend Picks and our other e-newsletters to be sure you don’t miss a thing!