We love summer as much as the next guy, but the heat can be brutal and exhausting, especially on the kids. From air-conditioned movie theaters to splash pads pumping out plenty of refreshing water, here are eight ways to beat the heat and find family fun this summer.
Editor’s note: This list was last update May 29, 2020. Due to COVID-19 precautions, some of the following events and venues may have adjusted their hours or programming. Please check with each venue directly to verify.
2. Experience the water in a new way on a canoe or kayak.
3. Stay entertained indoors with this handy list of boreom busters jam-packed with dozens of ideas for at-home fun.
4. Go underground. Caves generally bring a sense of awe and they offer a very welcome break from the summer heat—and they are just plain fun! Here are the two best places to explore caves with kids in Oklahoma.
5. Splash around. Venture beyond the city for a day at one of Oklahoma’s best ‘beaches’.
8. Make your own slip n slide for a wild time, or turn on the sprinklers and create a wet obstacle course.
Looking for even more summer-time family fun? Check out our dozens of resources to help you plan your perfect summer!