Free Kids Activities and Events in the OKC Metro
The Only Thing Better than Family Fun is FREE Family Fun!
Our website is packed with opportunities to have fun with the whole family without spending a dime. Below, you'll find a list of 12 inspiring ideas and 10 favorite free activities in OKC submitted by our readers. Want even more ideas? Keep scrolling to see events happening today throughout the Oklahoma City metro that are free to attend!
Our readers' 10 favorite free activities in the metro:
- Story times and other activities at the Metropolitan Library System and Pioneer Library System branch libraries in their area.
- The monthly mini-model LEGO build at Penn Square Mall on the first Tuesday of each month.
- Walking around Myriad Botanical Gardens.
- Volunteering at the Regional Food Bank. Rewarding, humbling, gratifying and so much more. (Find other family volunteering opportunities here.)
- Select Friday throughout the year, Edmond Parks host Movie Night in the Park. Call 359-4630 for more information on movies and locations.
- Make + Take Workshops at Oklahoma Contemporary on the second Saturday of every month.
- The Paseo Arts Festival (Memorial Day Weekend).
- Attend Reading Wednesdays Story Time at Myriad Botanical Gardens.
- Enjoy FREE admission at the Fred Jones Jr. Museum of Art every day!
- Live on the Plaza event held on the second Friday of each month in the historic Plaza district in Oklahoma City. Find more OKC street festivals on this list.
Looking for more free fun and family discounts?
- Find this month's top 10 FREE events happening across the Metro
- Perked up Playdates: 12 Perfect OKC Play Places
- Ten Places to Play Indoors in the Metro
- Local Restaurants Offering Family Discounts
- Check our Weekend Picks for this weekend's best free family events
- Save money with our coupons!
- Enter our contests to win awesome contests
12 FREE Things to Do in OKC on Your Next No-Spend Weekend:
- De-Clutter your house and sell your no-longer-needed stuff at a local consignment sale. Make it a family project and use the cash to do something fun together!
- Take in a movie or concert in the park. Pack up the family and a bottle of bug spray and head out to enjoy a flick or some tunes under the stars. These events start up each spring and continue through the summer in many communities around the Oklahoma City metro.
- Recruit your kids as sous-chefs and prepare a picnic. Head to your own backyard or dine al fresco at a local park.
- Get some fresh air and exercise together and go for a bike ride. There are plenty of scenic trails to discover together.
- Story times make for a perfect outing and the Oklahoma City metro has plenty. Visit a local story time to experience your favorite books in a new way.
- Create a piece of art together. Oklahoma Contemporary offers a FREE Family Make + Take art projects on the second Saturday of each month.
- Grab your phone and hit a local park for a family photo session. Capture silly memories together and share them with your family and friends.
- Whether you are looking to explore something new or simply excite your mind in a new way, museums are a fun way for families to spend time together while learning about our world. From art and science to history and more, visit a local FREE museum.
- Explore a new library. The Metropolitan Library System and Pioneer Library System have more than 30 locations around the metro!
- Take part in a fun community street festival. Some are planned seasonally; others happen year round.
- Give back and volunteer together.
- Check out our monthly list of the top 10 FREE events for families or scan our searchable calendar filled with family fun!