Free Kids Activities and Events in the OKC Metro
The Only Thing Better than Family Fun is FREE Family Fun!
The OKC metro area is full of great opportunities to have free (or nearly free!) family fun—you just have know to where to go and what to do! Below, you'll find free activities, events (see this week's free activities in the calendar!), as well as reader-suggested places to go and things to do that require little to no cash.
[Editor's Note: This is a working list, so please check back often for updates and changes. Know of something that should be added? Comment below or email email@example.com and let us know!]
Our readers' 10 favorite free activities in the metro:
- Storytimes and other activities at the Metropolitan Library System and Pioneer Library System branch libraries in their area.
- The monthly mini-model LEGO build at Penn Square Mall on the first Tuesday of each month.
- Arts Festival Oklahoma (Labor Day Weekend)
- Volunteering at the Regional Food Bank - Rewarding, humbling, gratifying and so much more. (Find other family volunteering opportunities here.)
- Hafer Park in Edmond
- Make + Take Workshops at Oklahoma Contemporary on the second Saturday of every month.
- The Paseo Arts Festival (Memorial Day Weekend)
- Free admission at the Sam Noble Oklahoma Museum of Natural History on the first Monday of each month
- Free admission at the Fred Jones Jr. Museum of Art every day!
- Live on the Plaza event held on the second Friday of each month in the historic Plaza disrict in Oklahoma City.
Thanks to readers Jaretta B., Nicole C., Jennifer S., Kristi W., Jason B. and Dena F. for their contributions to this list!
Looking for more free fun and family discounts?
- Ten Great Parks and Playgrounds in the OKC Metro
- Ten Places to Play Indoors in the Metro
- Local Restaurants Offering Family Discounts
- Check our Weekend Picks for this weekend's best free family events.
- Save money with our printable coupons and Kids Pass!