- FREE 2nd Annual Downtown Norman Fall Fest (Main & Jones) features trick-or-treating, a costume contest and a performance of Wolves & Witches by the Cimarron Opera. Friday, 6-9pm. 366-8095, www.visitnorman.com.
- Not-Too-Spooky Halloween Party at Unpluggits Playstudio (575 Enterprise Dr, Edmond) is a Halloween party with games, crafts and face painting plus regular admission activites. Costumes encouraged. $5. Friday, 6-8pm. 340-7584, www.unpluggits.com.
- FREE Homecoming Walk-Around at Oklahoma State University (700 W Hall of Fame Ave, Stillwater) offers carnival rides and games, food vendors and Greek houses decorated for Homecoming. Friday, 6:30pm. 405-744-5000, www.okstate.com.
- FREE Council Road Baptist Church Fall Festival (2900 N Council Rd) features horse-drawn wagon rides, inflatables and local food trucks. Admission is free, but festival attractions raise funds for Karis Adoption Fund. Saturday, 10am-2pm. 789-3175, www.councilroad.org//fall-festival-2014.
- Bright Night of Not-So-Frightening Fun at Science Museum Oklahoma (2100 NE 52nd) is an overnight experience featuring a haunted lab and fun experiments. Costumes encouraged. One adult required for every six children attending. Preregister. $10 for members and military; $45 for non-members; $25 for accompanying adults. Friday, 7pm. 602-6664, www.sciencemuseumoklahoma.org.
- Mummy & Son Dance at the Moore Community Center (301 S Howard) offers two Halloween dances for mothers and sons ages 4-14. Costumes encouraged. Concessions for sale. $5 in advance, $7 at the door. Friday, 6-9pm. 793-5090, www.cityofmoore.com/fun.
- Monster Dash 5K & Fun Run at Reaves Park (2501 Jenkins Ave, Norman) is a Halloween run for the whole family featuring costume contests, inflatables, face painting and games. Preregister. $10 for age 12 and under; $30 for age 13 and up. Saturday, 9am. 329-9617, www.facebook.com/MonsterDashNorman.
- FREE Spooksville at the Yukon Community Center (2200 S Holly) includes a dog costume contest, childrens' costume contest, concessions and a carnival with clowns and magicians. Saturday, 1-6pm. 354-8442, www.cityofyukonok.gov.
- FREE Old-Fashioned Fall Festival at Festival Marketplace (30 W First St, Edmond) features pumpkin painting, a vintage tractor display, free horse-drawn carriage rides, food and live music. Costumes encouraged. Saturday, 3:30-5:30pm.
- FREE Boo Ha Ha at Brookhaven Village (3700 W Robinson St, Norman) features inflatables, trick-or-treating at local businesses, a talent show, costume contests and family yoga. Saturday, 5-7:30pm.
- FREE New Covenant United Methodist Church Trunk or Treat (2700 S Boulevard) celebrates the grand opening of the church's new children's building with food, games, candy, inflatables and fall-themed activities. 562-3200, www.newcov.tv.