FREE Midwest City Holiday Lights Spectacular (8700 E Reno) features lights that shine bright for the family to enjoy. Opening night is Friday and the event continues through Dec 30. Sunday-Thursday, 6-10pm; Friday & Saturday, 6-11pm.
- The Polar Express Train Ride departs from Bristow Depot (I Railroad Pl, Bristow) on a holiday journey for families. Wear your pajamas and enjoy cocoa and cookies on the train. Santa and elves will be aboard to greet passengers. Various departure times through Dec. 28. Ticket prices range from $25-$85 depending on age and train class. Friday, Saturday and Sunday. 855-487-1430, http://bit.ly/PolarExpressRide
- FREE Automobile Alley Lights on Broadway (NW 4th to 10th) features more than 180,000 LED light holiday wonderland. Opens Thursday at dusk and continues through Jan 1. 606-2763, http://bit.ly/AutombileAlleyLights.
- FREE Santa at St. Mary’s School (505 E Covell, Edmond) is open to the public. Children can enjoy hot chocolate and visit Santa. Photo packages are available for purchase. Friday, 8:30am.
- FREE Premiere on Film Row (Sheridan between Dewey & Shartel) features live music, film screenings, food trucks, family activities and art exhibitions. Friday, 6-9pm. 235-3500, http://bit.ly/PremiereFilmRow
- Bright Night of Hunger Games at Science Museum Oklahoma (2100 NE 52nd) features museum access, movies and themed activities for parents and children. Preregister. $25 per adult, $35 for members, $45 for nonmembers. Friday, 7pm - Saturday, 7am. 602-3760, http://bit.ly/smohungergames
- Homeschool for the Holidays at the Oklahoma City Museum of Art (415 Couch Dr) is an art class for homeschoolers ages 6 to 13. Preregister. $35 for members; $45 for nonmembers. Friday, 9:30-11am. 236-3100, http://bit.ly/HomeschoolHolidays
- FREE Opening of Yukon’s Christmas in the Park at Chisholm Trail Park (500 W Vandament, Yukon) includes the Kris Kringle Karnival providing refreshments, music, pictures with Santa and train rides for the whole family! Saturday, 4:30-8pm. Christmas in the Park will continue through Dec 31. 350-8937, http://bit.ly/YukonChristmas
- FREE Santa Market at the Edmond Community Center (28 E Main St) features more than 90 vendors selling crafts, seasonal items, home decor, clothing, handmade and vintage treasures. Proceeds benefits the Alzheimer’s Association. Saturday, 9am-5pm.
- 314-1033, http://bit.ly/SantaMarket
- The Stafford Air & Space Museum presents Astronaut John Herrington with its Stories at the Stafford series (3000 E Logan Rd, Weatherford) gives families an opportunity to hear the Oklahoman and Native American astronaut speak on his experiences in space. Free with museum admission: $7 for adults, $2 for students, children under 5 are free. Saturday, 7pm. 580-772-5871, http://bit.ly/astronautatSASM