Christmas Train at the Oklahoma Railway Museum (3400 NE Grand Blvd) is a 35-minute holiday train ride with hot cocoa,carols and the reading of “The Polar Express.” $15, kids 3 & under FREE. Saturday, trains depart at 9 and 10:30 am, noon, 1:30 and 3pm.
- FREE Holiday Pop-Up Shops in Midtown (10th & Hudson) invite the community to enjoy a weekly holiday shopping village in the heart of Midtown. Open through Dec. 21, the pop-ups will feature rotating, local vendors with gifts for everyone on your shopping list. Thursday-Saturday, 10am-9pm; Sunday, 10am-6pm.
- Celebrating Studio Ghibli at the Oklahoma City Museum of Art (415 Couch Dr) brings nine acclaimed films to Oklahoma City audiences from Japanese animation giant Studio Ghibli. All-access passes are $35 for members, $55 for non-members. Children admitted for $5 per film. Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday at various times.
- FREE Water Taxi Rides in Bricktown (12 E California Ave) invites guests to view holiday lights along the Bricktown canal. Thursday-Sunday (closed Christmas Day) until Dec. 28, 6-9:30pm.
- Michael Martin Murphey's Cowboy Christmas Ball at the National Cowboy and Western Heritage Museum (1700 NE 63rd) is a yuletide dance offering an evening of entertainment for the entire family. Includes buffet and a visit from Santa. Reservations required. $60 for members, $75 for non-members, $25 for children. Friday, 7pm.
- An Evening with Anna and Elsa at Science Museum Oklahoma (2100 NE 52nd) is an opportunity for children to discover the science behind the wonders and thrills of the winter season. Attendees will explore the effects of hot and cold air, freeze a bubble and have the opportunity to make their own sorbet using liquid nitrogen. Best for ages 5-12. $40. Friday, 7-10pm.
- FREE Saturdays with Santa at Myriad Botanical Gardens (333 W Sheridan) gives children a way to visit Santa’s Workshop to create a craft, write a letter to the North Pole, ride Devon’s Polar Express and hear live holiday music. Saturday, 10am-4pm.
- FREE Elf’s Workshop and Craft Show at the Will Roger’s Garden Center (3400 NW 36th) features gifts for first 50 guests, shopping, kids activities and pictures with Santa for a $5 donation in support of Mommies Stick Together of Oklahoma. Saturday, 11am-2pm.
- FREE Carriage Rides with Santa at Nichols Hills Plaza (6429 Avondale Dr, Nichols Hills) is a chance to meet Santa and take a festive carriage ride through beautiful holiday decor. Find the event at the west side of the Plaza by CK & Co. Saturday, 11am-1pm.
- FREE Festive Card-Holder Craft at Lakeshore Learning Store (6300 N. May Ave) presents a themed Christmas craft for children ages 3 and up. Saturday, 11am-3pm.
- FREE Visit with Old Saint Nick at the Edmond Police Department (23 E 1st St, Edmond) as part of Christmas in Downtown Edmond's annual celebrations. Free holiday carriage rides available for families. Saturday, 11am-4pm.
- FREE A Gate Christmas Spectacular at The Gate Church (7700 N Council Rd) features complimentary family photos and a live orchestra playing classic Christmas carols. Sunday, 10am.