Keeping the family entertained does not have to come with a hefty price tag! Find frugal fun with these 11 FREE things to do in OKC on your next no-spend weekend:
Editor’s Note: Due to COVID-19 precautions, some of the events and venues featured may have adjusted their hours, programming or safety protocols. Please check with each venue directly to verify. We encourage our readers to enjoy family fun responsibly. Get vaccinated if you are a candidate and when around others, wear a mask, avoid crowded indoor spaces, remain socially distant, wash your hands often and stay home if you or a member of your household is feeling ill.
- Grab your phone and hit a local park for a family photo session. Capture silly memories together and share them with your family and friends.
- Storytimes make for a perfect outing and the Oklahoma City metro has plenty. Visit a local storytime to experience your favorite books in a new way. There are several hosted outdoors or virtually.
- Whether you are looking to explore something new or simply excite your mind in a new way, museums are a fun way for families to spend time together while learning about our world. From art and science to history and more, visit a local FREE museum.
- De-Clutter your house and sell your no-longer-needed stuff at a local consignment sale. Make it a family project and use the cash to do something fun together!
- Recruit your kids as sous-chefs and prepare a picnic. Head to your own backyard or dine al fresco at a local park.
- Get some fresh air and exercise together on a bike ride. There are plenty of scenic trails to discover together.
- Give back and volunteer together. Check out these socially distant volunteer opportunities in the OKC metro.
- Explore a new library. The Metropolitan Library System and Pioneer Library System have more than 30 locations around the metro.
- Take in an outdoor movie or concert in the park. Pack up the family and a bottle of bug spray and head out to enjoy a flick or some tunes under the stars. These events start up each spring and continue through the summer in many communities around the Oklahoma City metro.
- Take part in a fun community street festival. Some are planned seasonally; others happen year-round.
- Check out our monthly list of the top 10 FREE events for families or scan our searchable calendar filled with family fun!
For even more free or low-cost activities for your family, visit metrofamilymagazine.com/free-fun/ or sign up for Weekend Picks and our other e-newsletters here to be sure you don’t miss a thing!
Have a place or event you’d like to suggest? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or comment below!