Keeping the family entertained does not have to come with a hefty price tag! Find frugal fun with these 11 FREE things to do in OKC on your next no-spend weekend:
- Grab your phone and hit a local park for a family photo session. Capture silly memories together and share them with your family and friends.
- Storytimes make for a perfect outing and the Oklahoma City metro has plenty. Visit a local storytime to experience your favorite books in a new way. There are several hosted outdoors or virtually.
- Whether you are looking to explore something new or simply excite your mind in a new way, museums are a fun way for families to spend time together while learning about our world. From art and science to history and more, visit a local FREE museum.
- De-Clutter your house and sell your no-longer-needed stuff at a local consignment sale. Make it a family project and use the cash to do something fun together!
- Recruit your kids as sous-chefs and prepare a picnic. Head to your own backyard or dine al fresco at a local park.
- Get some fresh air and exercise together on a bike ride. There are plenty of scenic trails to discover together.
- Give back and volunteer together.
- Explore a new library. The Metropolitan Library System and Pioneer Library System have more than 30 locations around the metro.
- Take in an outdoor movie or concert in the park. Pack up the family and a bottle of bug spray and head out to enjoy a flick or some tunes under the stars. These events start up each spring and continue through the summer in many communities around the Oklahoma City metro.
- Take part in a fun community street festival. Some are planned seasonally; others happen year-round.
- Check out our monthly list of the top 10 FREE events for families or scan our searchable calendar filled with family fun!
For even more free or low-cost activities for your family, visit metrofamilymagazine.com/free-fun/ or sign up for Weekend Picks and our other e-newsletters here to be sure you don’t miss a thing!
Have a place or event you’d like to suggest? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or comment below!