We asked and you responded! From iconic events like Myriad's Pumpkinville to hidden gems like Paseo's Magic Lantern Celebration, here are a few inspirations from our readers to help make this fall your family's best one yet.
- Carve a pumpkin scored at a local pumpkin patch.
- Snuggle together on a hayride.
- Bake a new fall recipe together.
- Explore a corn maze.
- Plan a weekend getaway and explore Oklahoma together.
- Celebrate all things fall at Pumpkinville.
- Tailgate at a local football game.
- Make memories at a fall festival.
- Settle in for a family movie night.
- Roast s’mores on a campfire.
- Make a fall-inspired craft.
- Explore a new museum. Here are some fun free museums in the metro.
- Go on a hunt for colorful leaves, acorns and other of signs of the changing seasons on a fall foliage hike.
- Volunteer together!
- Drop a line at a local fishing spot.
- Sample some fresh pressed cider at Myriad Gardens.
- Play in the leaves.
- Get spooked at haunted house.
- Dress up and explore Haunt the Zoo.
- Dance the night away at a mummy & son dance.
- Take part in a costume contest, maybe even one with your pooch!
- Transform yourself at Paseo’s Magic Lantern Celebration.
- Turn the town upside down at the National Cowboy & Western Heritage Museum.
- Score some treats at a local Halloween event.
- Shop local at a fall craft fair.
- Take advantage of the cooler temps and visit a favorite destination for family fun.
- Train for a Turkey Day 5K.
For even more family fun ideas, check out our fall guides.
Born and raised in the Oklahoma City metro and a graduate of the Gaylord College of Journalism at the University of Oklahoma, Lindsay Cuomo has worked for MetroFamily since 2014 covering local stories, people and events. Lindsay is a mom to three school-aged boys and calls Moore, Oklahoma home.