Nothing captures the spirit of Independence Day quite like fireworks—and the OKC metro boasts some outstanding festivals and fireworks displays. Done your red, white and blue, light some sparklers and get ready to “Ooh!” and “Ahh!” as you enjoy some patriotic fun with your family.
We polled our readers for their favorite fireworks displays, and here are their recommendations:
(Dates have been updated for 2021)
- LibertyFest in Edmond (June 24-27 & July 3 & 4)
- Mustang Firefighters Freedom Celebration at Wildhorse Park (June 26, 6:30-10pm, postponed due to weather)
- Freedom Fest in Yukon (July 3, 8am-10pm; July 4, 5-10pm)
- Piedmont Freedom Festival (July 4, 5-10:30pm)
- Celebration in the Heartland Festival in Moore (July 4, 2-10pm)
- Norman’s 4th Fest (July 4, 5-10pm)
- Midwest City’s Tribute to Liberty (July 4, 6-10pm)
- 4th of July in Bricktown (July 4, 7-10:30pm)
- Red, White & Boom Concert at Scissortail Park (July 3, 8:30pm, no fireworks this year)
- Stars & Stripes River Festival (June 26, no fireworks this year)
Have a fireworks display you’d like to suggest? Comment below!
Find these and more patriotic events in our 2021 Independence Day Fun Guide.
Have a great 4th of July!