As parents and caregivers, talking about sexuality at every phase of development is an important part of raising healthy kids. At every phase, our kids’ brains are growing and changing. As they grow, they become more and more capable of building upon lessons learned during early childhood, and they are gaining more of the skills they will need to be healthy, thriving adults.
This series by the experts at local nonprofit Thrive OKC is meant to empower families and caregivers to talk to their kids, in developmentally-appropriate ways, about sexual health. Each column will focus on a different age range of child and provide ideas of topics to cover, conversation starters and resources.
- Raising OKC Kids Episode 86 – How to talk to kids about their bodies & sexual health
- Talking to teens about sex, consent and puberty
- Talking to middle school kids about consent and body affirmation.
- Talking to elementary school kids about body safety and body affirmation. – COMING SOON
- Talking to young children about body safety. – COMING SOON
Find more resources for parents and caregivers at thriveokc.org.