Each monthly issue includes the area’s best calendar of family events and quality editorial that supports family relationships. Just as valuable to parents is the connection to MetroFamily advertisers who provide important local family services and products.
Each month, 29,000 copies of the magazine are distributed in Edmond, NW OKC, Nichols Hills, South OKC, Moore, Norman, Yukon and Midwest City. Over 500 distribution sites help us reach approximately 98,000 loyal print readers each month.
“I remember visiting a restaurant when we first moved to OKC and on a little magazine stand by the entrance was a copy of MetroFamily magazine. I picked it up to see what it was and was blown away! First of all, I couldn’t believe it was free, as it was so full of such great information for parents here in OKC! It became an immediate favorite resource for my family! I would never have been able to find all of those resources on my own, even if I had years to search! For the last 3 years, MetroFamily Magazine, both in print and online, has been my family’s go to for all things OKC for families. From the community events on the calendar to the service advertisements at the back, it keeps us engaged in our wonderful community. You will always find me picking up a copy any time a new one is released. I’m so thankful that I found MetroFamily Magazine!” -Jenny Scott, local mom and avid reader
Find us at
- all public libraries
- all Jimmy’s Eggs locations
- all area YMCAs
- Whole Foods
- extracurricular activity businesses
- private schools and day cares
- medical offices and hospitals
- retail stores
- Here are some of our more-easily-found distribution locations.
- THE “WHY” BEHIND METROFAMILY: Discover the driving force behind all we do.
- HOW TO GET THE MOST FROM METROFAMILY: We work to meet the needs of local families across many platforms.
- WHERE TO FIND A MAGAZINE: Our bigger distribution locations are listed here.
- CONTESTS: We love bringing great prizes to our readers. Enter here.
- DOWNLOAD OUR APP: Find our handy app, available for Apple and Android.
- SUBSCRIBE: Find out how to have MetroFamily delivered to your mailbox each month and how to get our e-newsletters sent to your in-box.
- LEARN HOW TO WRITE FOR US: We welcome submissions but we have guidelines here.
- HOW TO SUBMIT AN EVENT: Learn how to submit calendar events for print and online.
- FIND OUR WEBSITE AND E-COMMERCE POLICIES here.
- OUR ASSOCIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS: MetroFamily is a proud and active member of Parenting Media Association (PMA); Oklahoma City Chamber of Commerce; Edmond Chamber of Commerce; Moore Chamber of Commerce.
Contact UsPhysical/Mailing Address
318 NW 13th Street, Suite 101
Oklahoma City, OK 73103
MetroFamily Magazine reaches out to parents and the community by providing quality events, including:
- Geekapalooza, A STEAM Festival for Kids, is held in the summer (scheduled for June 22, 2019), in partnership with Girl Scouts, Western Oklahoma, at Oklahoma School of Science and Mathematics (OSSM). This event provides hands-on fun in STEAM (science, technology, engineering, art and math) for kids preschool through middle school.
- Kids Fest, which includes booth vendors, hands-on activities, entertainment on the stage, and more, all focused around family fun and learning about local resources. The next event will be held March 28, 2020 at Cox Convention Center in downtown OKC.
- NEW in 2020: The Acton Children’s Business Fair, hosted in conjunction with Girl Scouts Western Oklahoma, provides the backdrop for kid entrepreneurs to sell their products and services to the public. Kids ages 6 to 14 are encouraged to submit applications for this curated show.
- Cover Kids Search, Oct. 13, is our annual event offering hands-on fun for all families,as well as our Cover Kid selection process for the following year. Cover Kid contestant entries are accepted starting in early August,and the event at Myriad Botanical Gardens includes each contestant being professionally photographed.
- Designed for expectant parents and those with young children, Bump, Baby & More, Feb. 22, 2020, is an event for all things baby.Meet local service providers, shop and enjoy informative workshops. Held at Cole Community Center in NW OKC.