Each monthly issue includes the area’s best calendar of family events and quality editorial that supports family relationships. Just as valuable to parents is the connection to MetroFamily advertisers who provide important local family services and products.
MetroFamily is a comprehensive media company that meets parents where they are search for information. Both print and digital content is highly-anticipated among MetroFamily readers, and our award-winning content is read by more than 123,000 families every month, with online readership increasing by upwards of 48% from last year.
Free copies of MetroFamily Magazine are distributed primarily in Edmond, North OKC, Nichols Hills, South OKC/Moore, Midwest City, Mustang, Yukon and Norman. Distribution spots include all metro YMCAs, libraries, grocery stores (Whole Foods, Sprouts, Natural Grocers & Uptown Grocers) and Jimmy’s Egg restaurants. Magazines can also be mailed to the home of our subscribers! Become a MetroFamily Insider and receive all our issues, plus exclusive discounts and coupons.
“I remember visiting a restaurant when we first moved to OKC and on a little magazine stand by the entrance was a copy of MetroFamily magazine. I picked it up to see what it was and was blown away! First of all, I couldn’t believe it was free, as it was so full of such great information for parents here in OKC! It became an immediate favorite resource for my family! I would never have been able to find all of those resources on my own, even if I had years to search! For the last 3 years, MetroFamily Magazine, both in print and online, has been my family’s go to for all things OKC for families. From the community events on the calendar to the service advertisements at the back, it keeps us engaged in our wonderful community. You will always find me picking up a copy any time a new one is released. I’m so thankful that I found MetroFamily Magazine!” -Jenny Scott, local mom and avid reader
- THE “WHY” BEHIND METROFAMILY: Discover the driving force behind all we do.
- HOW TO GET THE MOST FROM METROFAMILY: We work to meet the needs of local families across many platforms. Learn more about advertising with MetroFamily.
- WHERE TO FIND A MAGAZINE: Our bigger distribution locations are listed here.
- CONTESTS: We love bringing great prizes to our readers. Enter here.
- DOWNLOAD OUR APP: Find our handy app, available for Apple and Android.
- SUBSCRIBE: Find out how to have MetroFamily delivered to your mailbox each month and how to get our e-newsletters sent to your inbox.
- LEARN HOW TO WRITE FOR US: We welcome submissions but we have guidelines here.
- JOIN US for MetroFamily’s annual events: Geekapalooza, Kids Fest, and Thrive Fest.
- HOW TO SUBMIT AN EVENT: Learn how to submit calendar events for print and online.
- FIND OUR WEBSITE AND E-COMMERCE POLICIES here.
- OUR ASSOCIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS: MetroFamily is a proud and active member of Parenting Media Association (PMA); Oklahoma City Chamber of Commerce; Edmond Chamber of Commerce.
Contact UsMailing Address 6608 N Western Ave, #458
Oklahoma City, OK 73116
MetroFamily Magazine reaches out to parents and the community by providing quality events, including:
- Cover Kids Search is our annual event where we search for kids with bright smiles and big personalities to grace our MetroFamily Magazine covers for the following year. Kids ages 2 to 12 are eligible to enter.
- Kids Fest celebrates every kind of family by bringing together the best of local parenting into one venue. This family fun event features dozens of booths offering engaging and educational activities for kids.
- Geekapalooza: A STEAM Festival for Kids, encourages kids to learn about science, technology, engineering, art and math through a variety of hands-on activities. This year’s event will be held in conjunction with Girl Scouts Western Oklahoma at their new STEAM-focused facility, Camp Trivera. The day will include kid-friendly workshops about subjects like robotics, coding and geosciences taught by market leaders, live music, food trucks and our popular annual “Geek” contest. Learn more at metrofamilymagazine.com/geekapalooza
- MetroFamily is meeting new parents exactly where they are—at home and on Instagram with our Baby of the Month contest! Entries can be submitted through a hashtag on Instagram OR online, Feb. 1-28, 2022. The 10 chosen winners will be announced online, on social media and in each issue of the magazine throughout the year.