Our primary goal at MetroFamily is to make life easier for local parents. We strive to provide the most relevant, reliable information to have fun as a family and help you find the services, parenting information and inspiration to best serve your children. We know parents have varied preferences when it comes to receiving and seeking information, so we work to meet those needs across many platforms. Join us in the ways that best suit you!
Sometimes you just need to cozy up with a print magazine, without pop-up distractions. For over 20 years, our award-winning magazine has been the staple for parents to find local family fun, places to travel and parenting resources. Find it at metro libraries, YMCA branches, most Jimmy’s Egg restaurants, Whole Foods Market and over 400 other locations. Find a handy list of more public places to pick up the magazine near you at www.metrofamilymagazine.com/find-a-copy.
“I remember visiting a restaurant when we first moved to OKC and on a little magazine stand by the entrance was a copy of MetroFamily magazine. I picked it up to see what it was and was blown away! First of all, I couldn’t believe it was free, as it was so full of such great information for parents here in OKC! It became an immediate favorite resource for my family! I would never have been able to find all of those resources on my own, even if I had years to search! For the last 3 years, MetroFamily Magazine, both in print and online, has been my family’s go to for all things OKC for families. From the community events on the calendar to the service advertisements at the back, it keeps us engaged in our wonderful community. You will always find me picking up a copy any time a new one is released. I’m so thankful that I found MetroFamily Magazine!” -Jenny Scott, local mom and avid reader
Rely on our website to keep you up to speed about all that is happening in the metro area. Popular sections of our website are:
- Our seasonal lists – Find lists of festivals, school break camps,ways to find fun indoors, places to get wet when it’s hot and so much more! The easiest way to locate seasonal lists is to add the season name (summer, fall, winter, spring) after our URL,like this: www.metrofamilymagazine.com/summer.
- Resources – Every parent knows with kids comes the need for resources—lots of resources! From picking a birthing center to finding the right tutor, we’ve got you covered. Check out all the directory listings and resources at www.metrofamilymagazine.com/family-resources.
- Contests – Weekend trips, event tickets and packages of products and services are some of the great prizes we offer.Enter often!
- Coupons and other ways to save each month – Find valuable coupons from our advertising partners and other ways to save money, including a few pages dedicated to “free” events and attractions and local restaurant discounts.
- Calendar – Not all of the events being held for children and families make it into our print publication. We include a larger number of events online, so check it daily for things to do.
- Weekend Picks – No need to spend time researching all the options for weekend fun. Just go to our handy “Top 10” list found at www.metrofamilymagazine.com/weekend-picks, or subscribe to our e-newsletters and have Weekend Picks sent directly to your inbox!
- Volunteer List – Looking for ways to give back as a family? Check out our popular guide here: www.metrofamilymagazine.com/volunteer.
Looking for all the latest articles from us? Head to#okcfamilynews on our site’s top navigation bar.
Subscribe to our e-newsletters to get the Top Picks and Weekend Picks e-newsletters sent to you each Tuesday and Thursday plus other offers from our advertising partners.
Follow and interact with us and other readers on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest. Also, join in the conversation of our special group pages on Facebook, divided by ages and stages. Search for them as follows: Ages & Stages – babies-preschoolers, Ages & Stage – elementary or Ages & Stages – tweens/teens.
Yes, MetroFamily has a FREE app for either Apple or Android devices. Download it today to have easy access to all our best web content. Your favorite pages are one click away! Learn more at www.metrofamilymagazine.com/app.
NEW in 2020: The Acton Children’s Business Fair, hosted in conjunction with Girl Scouts Western Oklahoma, provides the backdrop for kid entrepreneurs to sell their products and services to the public. Kids ages 6 to 14 are encouraged to submit applications for this curated show.
Cover Kids Search, Oct. 13, is our annual event offering hands-on fun for all families,as well as our Cover Kid selection process for the following year. Cover Kid contestant entries are accepted starting in early August,and the event at Myriad Botanical Gardens includes each contestant being professionally photographed.
Designed for expectant parents and those with young children, Bump, Baby & More, Feb. 22, 2020, is an event for all things baby.Meet local service providers, shop and enjoy informative workshops. Held at Cole Community Center in NW OKC.
Kids Fest, March 28, celebrates every kind of family by bringing together the best of local parenting into one venue. This family fun event features dozens of booths offering engaging and educational activities for kids,including face painting, roaming characters,a climbing wall, door prizes and live music.
Geekapalooza: A STEAM Festival for Kids, held in June and hosted in conjunction with Girl Scouts Western Oklahoma, encourages kids to learn about science, technology, engineering, art and math through a variety of hands-on activities. Kid-friendly workshops about subjects like robotics, coding and geosciences are taught by market leaders.
No matter how (or how many ways) you get your information from MetroFamily, we hope the information we provide serves to delight, inform and affirm your family life. Let us know how we’re doing and how we can better serve you by emailing email@example.com.