Top 5 OKC Holiday Light Displays
December brings endless strands of brilliant Christmas lights to the Oklahoma City area. While you can't miss the beautiful lights throughout your neighborhoods and along all OKC's streets, there are a few displays that glow extra bright. These five festive light displays in and around the Oklahoma City metro certainly stick in our memories as some of the best ways to celebrate the season.
For even more seasonal fun, check out our Winter Fun Guides.
1. Automobile Alley near downtown Oklahoma City presents a breathtaking display of holiday light each winter. From the day after Thanksgiving through New Year's Day, visit Broadway Avenue between N.W. 4th and N.W. 10th to see more than 180,000 colorful LED lights draped over buildings in a dazzling display of Christmas cheer. The light display is easily seen just from your car, but if you want to truly get into the holiday spirit you should get out and take it in on foot. The lights are on daily from dusk to dawn.
2. Just as the name suggests, the Midwest City Holiday Lights Spectacular is nothing short of spectacular. The city transforms Joe B. Barnes Regional Park (8500 E. Reno Ave.) into a winter wonderland with 85 different Christmas light displays. The most impressive is the 118-foot Christmas tree sparkling with 9,000 festive bulbs. This drive-through display is a great way to celebrate the season with the whole family. Load up the car and stock up on cocoa to make the trip through the dazzling display.
3. Just outside Oklahoma City, Edmond glows with the Christmas spirit throughout the month of December. Brilliant light displays can be found in downtown Edmond, Spring Creek Plaza, Spring Creek Village, First Baptist Church, the UCO and OC campuses and the newest addition, Luminance at Mitch Park. So load up and drive throughout town to see different displays spread throughout the area. Your best bet to seeing a unique light display in Edmond is participating in the Edmond Ugly Holiday Lights Run on Dec. 8. Choose the 5K or one-mile fun run and see beautiful lights throughout your route. Prizes will be awarded for runners with the ugliest, prettiest and most creative Christmas sweaters. A local company, Northwest Lawn Maintenance, has put together a festive display at 3000 S. Kelly.
4. Head west to Yukon for their annual Christmas in the Park Celebration. The drive-thru display covers three park complexes with nearly three miles of illuminated fun, 5 million twinkling lights and over 425 one of a kind lighted displays. See the lights from your car or hop aboard the Santa Express Train in Chisholm Trail Park for an up-close view, weather permitting. The lights are open 6 p.m. - 11 p.m. nightly.
5. Even before it was featured on the television show "Great Christmas Light Fight," the Downs Family Christmas was known for its brilliant holiday light display. This light display makes the list not just for featuring more than 18 miles of stunning light strands, but because visitors take canned food and monetary donations that benefit the Regional Food Bank of Oklahoma. It's a win for everyone!
To see more holiday light displays in Oklahoma City and beyond, check out this list.