Are you just plain tired?
If you are age 30 to 40, using Bioidentical Hormones to create hormonal balance in your life will help you “have a life”. Your body steals from your hormones to keep you going. You cannot allow those energy tanks to become empty. Whether you are a career woman, wife and/or mother, “crashing” is simply NOT an option. If you are "crashing" on the weekends, hormonal dysfunction could be to blame.
For those over the age of 35, you have a 50% chance of having a hormonal dysfunction. If you have ever experienced PMS, heavy periods or menstrual cramping, your odds have just increased. How is your sex life? Not what it used to be? It can be more satisfying through the use of Bioidentical Hormones.
Or, If you just want to sleep….
The most common complaint for the 45 to 59 year bracket is not sleeping well. Bbioidentical hormones will allow you to sleep all through the night. This is the typical age bracket to go through the rollercoaster ride of “the change”. Using hormones through this transition will decrease the daily trauma to you (and others around you!)
You may not know the other ways that hormones deficiencies affect you. As you create hormone balance in your body, you can decrease the chance of heart disease. Heart disease is the #1 killer of women in Oklahoma. As you get your hormonal levels to an ideal range for your age, you decrease the chance of osteoporosis. If you are over the age of 50, you have a 1 in 2 chance of having an osteoporosis-related fracture in your remaining lifetime. If hormones become deficient, your chance for good cognitive function will decrease.
How to start:
- Have a list of symptoms or problems available.
- Schedule an appointment with a medical practitioner, Pharmacist, or Naturopathic Doctor who specializes in bioidentical hormones. A consultation either in person or by phone is generally available. Fees will vary. A medical doctor or practitioner may bill your insurance for this service.
- Be prepared to get personal. The more information you can give your practitioner the better they may help you. I have an intense evaluation form for my hormone patients to give me a good piece of the puzzle.
- Suggestions may be given based on symptoms alone. Testing of hormones is possible through various methods. I prefer saliva testing for my patients. Blood testing is also used by medical practitioners. Current physical exams with your physician are required.
- Use the medication just as prescribed. Do not deviate from the plan. It took time to create your hormonal imbalance; it will take time to put it back in place.
- Follow up with your practitioner. You are on your way to feeling better!
Each person has only one life to live, make it as good as it can possibly be!
Amy Carothers is Pharmacist & Owner of Daniels Drug Compounding & Wellness Pharmacy in Guthrie. Learn more at www.guthriecompounding.com or 405-282-0661.