The holidays are here and, with them, come lots of opportunities to capture the joy and festive feelings of the season. One glance at our Holiday Fun Guide will suggest a host of ways to celebrate the season with your family, including lighting displays, holiday events, live performances and more.
We polled our readers for their favorite places in the Oklahoma City metro to catch the holiday spirit. Here, in random order, are their recommendations:
- Guthrie’s Territorial Christmas (through December 22, www.guthrieok.com)
- Yukon Christmas in the Park (through December 31, www.cityofyukonok.gov)
- Bricktown Canal Lights and Free Water Taxi Rides (lights through January 1, water taxi rides through December 31, www.downtownindecember.com)
- Snow Tubing at the Chickasaw Bricktown Ballpark (through January 5, www.downtownindecember.com.
- North Pole City (through mid-January, www.northpolecity.com)
- Devon Ice Rink at the Myriad Gardens (through February 4, www.downtownindecember.com.)
- The Nutcracker presented by the OKC Ballet (December 7-16, www.okcballet.com.)
- Edmond Electric Parade of Lights (December 8, 6-10pm. www.edmondok.com.)
- Christmas Train Rides at the Oklahoma Railway Museum (December 15, www.oklahomarailwaymuseum.org.)
- Chickasha Festival of Light (through December 31, www.chickashafestivaloflight.com.)
Thanks to Jamie B., Cassandra D., Tiffany F., Janet C., Jennifer S., Margaret W., Janette H., and Cindy D. for contributing to this list. Visit www.facebook.com/metrofamily to share your thoughts on next month’s list.
Have a place you’d like to suggest? Comment below!