Does the weather have you stuck inside? Our website offers endless inspiration for Oklahoma City families looking to have fun inside. Inclement weather offers the perfect opportunity to try a new indoor activity. Here are a few of our top resources for indoor play at home and in the metro area:
- Keep the bickering at bay with these 41 boredom busters to do at home.
- Organizations are getting creative about ways to reach families by offering virtual tours and fun educational activities to enjoy at home.
- Whether across many miles or just across town, make a date with family and/or friends to play one of these fun, app-based games or break out an old-fashioned classic for some family fun. Here is a sweet list of reader-recommended family board games.
- The battle over screen time is likely reaching a peak on rainy days. Try out these kid-friendly podcasts and educational YouTube channels to help you keep your kids entertained, guilt-free.
- Whisk away an afternoon of cabin fever and introduce your kids to one (or all) of these fun, family-friendly classic films from each decade.
If you can get out & about:
- Find a few reader recommendations for top indoor play destinations in our list of 10+ Places to Play Indoors. Read about exceptional indoor play options from our editor’s picks of indoor entertainment in OKC
- Here are some storytimes throughout the Oklahoma City metro for kids of all ages.
- Museums are a fun way for families to spend time together while learning about our world. From art and science to history and more, visit a local FREE museum.
- And find the latest museum exhibits going on now right here.
- Check our seachable calendar filled with family-friendly things to do every day of the week!
About the author: Born and raised in the Oklahoma City metro and a graduate of the Gaylord College of Journalism at the University of Oklahoma, Lindsay Cuomo has worked for MetroFamily since 2014 covering local stories, people and events. Lindsay is a mom to three school-aged boys and calls Moore, Oklahoma home.