The battle over screen time is likely reaching a peak in many households! So we rounded up some kid-friendly podcasts and educational YouTube channels to help you keep your kids entertained, guilt-free.
Reading & Story time
- What If World – wild and wacky original stories inspired by questions from real kids
- Bedtime Explorers – a soothing meditation series, designed specifically for little ones
- Story Pirates – an award-winning podcast by kids, for kids
- Saturday Morning Theatre – retro-style audio drama with a nod to the glory days of old time radio
- Storynory – an extensive collection of free audio stories
- The Alien Adventures of Fin Caspian – a serialized science-fiction story for kids, told in 15-20 minute episodes
- Circle Round – adaptions of folktales from around the world
- Peace Out – Short stories that help children relax by guiding them through visualization and breathing exercises
Science & History
- But Why: A Podcast for Curious Kids – Kids ask question about topics large and small and host, Jane Lindholm, finds the answers.
- Wow in the World – Hosts guide curious kids and their grown-ups on a journey into the wonders of the world around them.
- Brains On! – award winning audio show for kids and families that answers questions about the world.
- The Past and the Curious – Explore true stories from the past along with a collection of fun music.
- Tumble – Hear stories about scientific discoveries and explore what science is all about.
- Animal Sound Safari – Animal Sound Safari takes your ears around the world to explore the weird and wacky histories that humans have with animals.
- Smash Boom Best – Every episode takes two cool things, smashes them together and lets you decide which is best.
- Chompers – a fun-filled, twice-daily kid-friendly podcast to keep kids brushing.
- Sesame Street Podcasts – Sing songs with Elmo, Abby, Cookie Monster and Grover. Learn about friendship, patience and sharing with Bert and Ernie. Celebrate sunny days with all of your favorite Muppets with new episodes every Monday!
- Ear Snacks – Explore music, science, art and culture with hosts, Andrew & Polly.
Teens & Tweens
- Dream Big – A family-friendly podcast inspiring kids (and adults!) to pursue their passions in life and take action to make their dreams a reality.
- The History Chicks – Learn about female characters in history, factual and fictional.
- The Radio Adventures of Eleanor Amplified – The world-famous radio reporter Eleanor Amplified foils devious plots and outwits crafty villains, all in pursuit of the big story.
- All Songs Considered – Explores new music including conversations with emerging artists, icons and more.
- Stuff You Should Know – The hosts explore a variety of topics from nuclear fusion to Falkland Islands War and everything in between.
- Book Club for Kids – Middle graders talk about books with host Kitty Felde.
- Noodle Loaf – An interactive music themedpodcast for kids created by a music-
ed specialist dad
- Saturday Morning Cereal Bowl – A weekly, two-hour program of music for the entire family to enjoy.
- OETA – Oklahoma Network’s YouTube Channel: browse award-winning Oklahoma content.
- McGraw-Hill PreK-12 – A series of videos and animations to support classroom learning
- Craft TV – Origami – how-to videos & tutorials for beginners
- AboutMagic by WayneMagician – easy magic tricks to amaze your friends and family
- Cosmic Kids Yoga – Yoga, mindfulness and relaxation videos designed specially for kids aged 3 & up
- Family Cardio – Cardio moves that feel like games and challenges
- PBS Kids – the offical PBS Kids channel offering high-quality educational programming for children
- Alphablocks – The Alphablocks are 26 living letters who discover that whenever they hold hands and make a word, something magical happens
- Sesame Street – A collection of videos that help children learn
- Rhyme Time Town – vidoes from the Netflix original series
Math & Science
- NatGeo – Explore your world with weird, wild, and wacky videos
- Numberock – Animated math videos and educational songs for kids that make math more fun
- Vsauce – Connects inquisitive minds with fun and interesting facts about weird and wonderful things
- Brave Wilderness – Follow along with adventurer and animal expert Coyote Peterson and his crew as they lead you on exciting expedition
- The Dad Lab – Explore science experiments, crafts, educational toys and more.
Got a kid-friendly podcast or educational Youtube channel we should add? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. For even more family-focused resources and information, visit our Coronavirus resource guide.