March 18, 2024 to March 22, 2024
10:00 AM until 02:00 PM
Features family-friendly activities inspired by the exhibitions on display. Immerse yourself in the history of the American West with engaging new exhibits, hands-on activities and interactive storytelling.
- March 18: Capturing the West - Capture the American West through your lens and embark on a photography challenge through Museum galleries to create your own visual tales of the West. Learn the science behind photography used in the Old West and strike a pose for a photo of your own.
- March 19: Tech in the West - Learn about the cutting-edge technology of the Old West, engage in tech activities and more.
- March 20: Agriculture Adventure - Saddle up for a hands-on agricultural adventure where you can experience the roots of the West through interactive agricultural activities and a journey into the heart of Western ranch life.
- March 21: Butteri! The Italian Cowboy - In celebration of the exhibition Italy’s Legendary Cowboys of the Maremma, Photographs by Gabrielle Saveri, learn about the rich heritage of the Italian cowboy, also known as “butteri.” Engage in the oral traditions of the modern-day Italian cowboys and their heritage through hands-on activities.
- March 22: Storytelling with Chickasaw Nation - Hear stories from the rich oral tradition of the Chickasaw Nation. Learn, connect and discover the timeless art of Chickasaw storytelling. Develop stories and characters to tell stories of your own.
Activities available while supplies last.
LocationNational Cowboy & Western Heritage Museum View map
1700 NE 63rd St,
Oklahoma City, OK, US