January 04, 2020 toMarch 06, 2021
10:00 AM until 12:00 PM
This event occurs monthly, on the first Saturday of Every Month
Features a variety of themed, hands-on activities for kids to explore the history of the American West.
Monthly themes and activities:
- May - Visit Native American dwellings, view Western vistas and explore the new playground. Learn about ancient and contemporary Native American traditions, explore the role of trading posts in the West and play with traditional Native American toys. Enjoy storytime and stay for a showing of The Legend of Lobo.
- June - Create a landscape pop-up card, enjoy storytime and stay for a showing of Homeward Bound.
- July - Celebrate Independence Day in Prosperity Junction, the Museum’s Western frontier town. With a cake walk and a variety of other activities, there is something for all ages. Enjoy storytime and stay for a showing of An American Tail.
- August - Pack a wagon like a settler, assemble a no-sew leather pouch of your own, experiment with Native American travois, enjoy storytime and stay for a showing of Wild Country.
- September - Wear your best hat and boots and come make a one-of-a-kind bandanna through a fun dying process, learn about the many ways you can use it and make a paper bag Western vest. Enjoy storytime and stay for a showing of Rango.
Activities are free with admission for children and accompanying adults and available while supplies last.
LocationNational Cowboy & Western Heritage Museum View map
1700 NE 63rd St,
Oklahoma City, OK, USA