November 05, 2023 to November 05, 2023
Bike riders from across the nation can enjoy an urban and rural bicycling tour and festival along historic Route 66, beginning and ending in downtown Edmond. In addition to the Crit and the 10-, 33- and 66-mile distance routes, Cycle 66 has a 1-mile Kids’ Ride for ages 10 and under on bikes, trikes and striders.
A portion of event proceeds will benefit the Oklahoma Route 66 Association, Bike Club and Velo Cycling Club.
Routes and rides available:
- 1-Mile Kids’ Route: Kids of all ages are welcome to join Cycle 66 on its 1-mile Kids’ Route. Training wheels, tricycles and strollers are welcome, and kids also can decorate their rides of choice.
- 10-Mile Route: The 10-mile tour takes riders through Oklahoma Christian's campus before heading back to Downtown Edmond for a finish down Broadway.
- 33-Mile Intermediate Route: Riders can experience a 33-mile route that covers a not-so-hilly tour toward Downtown OKC. The route takes the ride past museums and onto OK's Katy Trail.
- 66-Mile Advanced Route: On this hilly adventure, riders will experience the most elevation gain on the event routes to date. See Arcadia, Luther, Jones, Spencer and the Katy Trail in OKC prior to returning to Edmond.
- The Crit @ Cycle 66: Cycle 66 is partnering with OKC Velo, a local cycling non-profit, to offer a Criterium. Amateur athletes will race on a closed course in downtown Edmond. The high-speed races will occur throughout the day, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., in conjunction with the Cycle 66 “fondo” routes, culminating in a shared finish line. The Crit is free for spectators.
LocationEdmond Railyard View map
23 W 1st St,
Edmond, OK 73003, US