We, at MetroFamily, extend our sincerest appreciation to all our veterans for your service! On this day, we honor our military and the sacrifices made for our freedoms. Organizations in the metro have organized opportunities to teach children the importance of honoring those who serve. Check out this list for ways to honor veterans in the metro today, plus special discounts for veterans.
FREE Veterans Day Parade in Midwest City (S.E. 15th St and Century Blvd, Midwest City) features a parade featuring marching bands, military personnel and equipment, Shriner’s and more. 10 a.m.-11 a.m.
FREE Veterans Day Celebration at the 45th Infantry Division Museum (2145 N.E. 36th St) features a performance by the 145th Army Band, a guest speaker and a beautiful Massing of the Colors. The museum and its grounds will be open for attendees to enjoy as well. The ceremony will also be available via live stream on Facebook. 10 a.m.
FREE Moore Veterans Day Ceremony at Veterans Memorial Park (301 S Howard Ave, Moore) features a special ceremony honoring the sacrifice of local veterans and their families. 10 a.m.
Veterans Celebration at the Edmond Festival Market Place (1st St, Edmond) features live music, local vendors, guest speakers, live art and more. Kids can take part in several activities, and all guests can stop but the thank you card station to show support for those who have served. Free to attend. 4:30-6 p.m.
FREE Canadian County Veterans Parade & Celebration in Downtown El Reno (206 W Bickford, El Reno) features a parade and a live re-enactment of the Iwo Jima Memorial. The celebration also includes movies, a concert and a poker run all dedicated to military service members past and present. 3-6 p.m.
FREE Veterans Day Celebration in Blanchard (Main St, Blanchard) features a variety of community groups paying tribute to military veterans. 10:30 a.m.
FREE Norman’s Veteran’s Day Parade at Reaves Park (2501 S Jenkins Ave, Norman) features a parade commemorating those who defend our country. 3-4:30 p.m.
Venues offering free or discounted admission for veterans:
- Oklahoma City Zoo – free admission to all active duty, active reserves and retirees all month. Military members must show valid military ID to receive complimentary admission. Additionally, up to four immediate family members will receive 50% off of general Zoo admission on date of visit.
- Oklahoma City Museum of Art – Military service members and veterans receive $5 admission year-round and kids 17 & under are always free!
- National Cowboy & Western Heritage Museum – Military service members and veterans receive a $2 discount on Veteran’s Day.
- Factory Obscura & S&B Burgers – Present your military ID for half-price admission on Thursday, November 11 during regular hours, 11 a.m. – 8 p.m. Discount applies to everyone in family. Stop across the street at S&B’s Burger Joints to enjoy a free burger & fries for military personnel past and present. (Dine-in only)
- Sam Noble Museum – year-round free admission for active-duty military and veterans and $1 discount for any non-service family members and/or friends.
- Oklahoma Hall of Fame – The Oklahoma Hall of Fame offers a military and veteran admission discount throughout the year.