In my opinion there is no such thing as "too much watermelon." My boys can eat a ton of it and, since it's mostly water, I figure the more the better during these hot summer months.
Earlier this month, I purchased a watermelon that wasn't the best tasting. It wasn't bad, it just didn't have the sweet kick that I like in watermelon. Rather than toss it out I decided to invent another popsicle recipe. So the next time you find yourself with left-over watermelon (if there is such a thing), consider turning it into a frozen treat.
- 3 cups seedless watermelon
- 1 cup vanilla greek yogurt
- 2-3 Tbs. strawberry syrup (the kind you would put on a ice cream sundae)
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into popsicle molds and freeze until hard, about 3 hours.
For more from Stephanie, visit her blog at www.hugskissesandsnot.com.