For all those over-stretched mamas like me, check out my favorite unique, fun and out-of-the-ordinary gift ideas to look forward to, spoil our partners with, celebrate our Galentines, or to treat ourselves. We deserve it!
- Curbside Flowers: Buy gorgeous floral bouquets, but let it mean something. Curbside Flowers operates like a traditional florist but offers education and job skills training to community members transitioning out of homelessness while also seeking to break down social stigmas surrounding homelessness. “Flowers are beautiful, and so are people,” said Ranya Forgotson, director of the Curbside program. Curbside Flowers is located at 522 N. Classen Blvd.
- Sandplum Soul Designs: Turquoise is our new best friend! Casual, dressy and sure to be a complimentary hue to any complexion — made even better because these duds support a local mama and maker. Shop her website and peek her behind-the-scenes shots and new releases through Instagram.
- Guestroom Records: If you’re looking to get the whole family involved in a Valentine’s celebration, music is the way to do it. Jam with Fleetwood Mac (my toddler’s most-requested) or Gary Clark Jr., melt alongside Leon Bridges or Chris Stapleton, snuggle up with Etta James or Amos Lee. All these artists sound better on vinyl — I promise! Guestroom sells loved records and can provide fantastic recommendations if you’re unsure which one to take home.
- The Hall’s Pizza Kitchen: Hall’s is hands-down my favorite pizza place in OKC. They are so fun and creative with festive menu options, plus pizza always appeases everyone in our household. This year they are offering a Table for Two special for dine-in date night or they have Take & Make kits available for order on their website.
- Blind date with a book: Commonplace Books offers a staff-curated selection of pre-wrapped books to surprise and delight your favorite bookworm. Simply choose their favorite from 10 genres and enjoy.
- Gift time together: Oklahoma Contemporary’s Late Night Workshops offer grown-up fun with no art skills required! These single-night classes dive into a variety of topics and mediums, everything from ceramic dishes to needlework and even crafting custom rings. Make a whole night of it and dine at Cafe Contemporary before your class begins.
We hope this gives you some fun and out-of-the-box ideas to embrace this season’s celebration of love. Check out more ideas for local date night restaurant favorites, ideas for at-home fun and a family valentine feast menu from other local mamas, plus find tons of celebratory ideas in our Valentine’s Day Guide. Hold your sweeties close and celebrate love!