With so many families looking to go outside of the studio for their portraits, we asked our readers about the best places to take photos in the area. Smile pretty!
- Metro area parks, particularly Myriad Gardens (301 W Reno Ave), Will Rogers Park (3400 NW 36th St), Martin Park Nature Center (5000 West Memorial Rd), Lake Hefner Park (3301 NW Grand Blvd) and Hafer Park in Edmond (east of 9th and Bryant).
- Oklahoma City Zoo (2000 Remington Place)
- The State Capitol building (2300 N. Lincoln Blvd)
- Wheeler District (1701 S Western Ave)
- University of Oklahoma campus
- Lake Overholser area (off old Route 66 between Council Road and Morgan Road.)
- Historic buildings downtown in areas of Midtown, Automobile Alley, Bricktown and even Kerr Park. Take advantage of the interesting painted and/or brick backdrops that are prevalent in those areas.
- Spring Creek Shopping Center at 15th and Bryant in Edmond
- Chesapeake Boathouse (725 South Lincoln Blvd)
- Chesapeake Energy campus (SE corner of 63rd and Western)
For even more fun ideas, check out our seasonal guides packed with things to do all year long. Tote that camera along and capture some great memories together.