October at the Myriad Gardens is back, and it’s “goulier” than ever! In fact, Pumpkinville was recently named the best pumpkin patch in the country by USA Today — and we can see why! Grab your wands, broomsticks and wizard hats and plan to visit Pumpkinville: Witches and Wizards, presented by OG&E. The kids (and adults) in our family were mesmerized during our magical sneak preview.
Here are a few fun things to “know before you go:”
- How many dragons, ghouls and wizards can you spy? There are nearly too many to count, but don’t miss out on the elaborate mystical scenes hidden throughout the Children’s Garden.
- No magical character is complete without his or her trusty side-kick. Get swept up in the folklore alongside unicorns and very realistic looking black cats!
- The dazzling, intricate colors of Pumpkinville are made up of more than 30,000 pumpkins, gourds, haystacks and mums, which means you don’t have to go anywhere else to find the perfect autumn backdrop for your family photos. Dozens of seated areas and perfect photo opps can be found throughout the grounds.
- If you’re like us, you’ve got kids in tow who, of course, appreciate a magical theme, but at the end of the day, the real magic is in getting the wiggles out. The Children’s Garden still has plenty of space to run, climb and explore, with a little added color and whimsy to freshen up some of the kids’ favorite areas.
- Take a beat and refuel at the ICE House, offering cold drinks, healthy snacks and a little treat, too. While you’re snacking, check out the new Myriad Gardens shop, complete with mystical trinkets and adorable fall decor.
Don’t forget, Pumpkinville isn’t a one-time visit event! With plenty of activities through Oct. 23, you’ll find many reasons to visit over and over again this season. Check out Story time with Glinda the Good Witch at 1 p.m. on Saturdays and Sundays, unique and creative classes such as Witch’s Brew Tea Party and Magic Science on Mondays through Thursdays at 11 a.m., plus free crafts and Mo’s Carousel rides every day. The upcoming event and craft lineup has our family making plans to come back at least twice more!
Pumpkinville will be open Oct. 7 through 23 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily. Admission is free for members (family memberships start at $85) or $9 per person for non-members and free for ages 2 & under. Some special programming/classes require advance registration. Check out the schedule and additional Pumpkinville events, including Sensory Night, BOOtanical Trick or Treat and Toto’s Spooky Pooch Parade.