Making sun prints is super easy and a great way to use the sunshine. All you need is a little imagination.
- Construction paper
- Items to make shapes on your paper—suggestions include cookie cutters, small plastic animals, kitchen utensils or sea shells.
- Cookie sheet
- Tape a piece of construction paper to a cookie sheet.
- Have your child arrange the items on the construction paper.
- Set the entire thing outside in full sun for at least 1.5 hours
- Once time has elasped, bring the cookie sheet inside (caution: it will be very hot!) and remove the items on the construciton paper.
- Check out the cool design that remains!
Take this craft further by seeing what unique designs you can make on the paper or by making "themed" papers using objects that are all the the same shape, thickness, etc. Cut out letters and use them to spell a message in your sun art.
Enjoy the sunshine!
Find more creative things for your family at Terri's Creative Parenting blog.