This project does take a little work from an adult to get started, but once you have your scrabble squares, you can keep playing with them again and again. Your kids will love the competitive spelling games and you'll enjoy watching them learn during the summer.
- Card stock or construction paper
- Use a ruler to make a 1in x 1 in squares on a piece of card stock.
- Once the squares are drawn in, use a marker to write one letter from your child’s name in each box. Including first, middle and last names provides more letters for word making.
- Cut out the squares and mix them up.
- Take turns making words out of the letters on hand. Have races to see who can make the most words out of their name the fastest.