Use grass, leaves, sticks and a bit of yarn to create your own natural paintbrushes with this #AtHomeArt project.
- Leaves, grass or even weeds
- Yarn, tape or string
- Go outside and look for grass or leaves you can use as heads of paintbrushes. Get curious! Think about different marks that can be made by using different types of leaves.
- Find some small sticks you can use as your brush handles.
- Place your leaves at the end of one of your sticks. Make sure to overlap the leaves on the sticks.
- Take your yarn and tie it around the leaves and stick. Tightly wrap the yarn around the stick and leaves to secure them together.
- Once you’ve wrapped the yarn securely, tie off the yarn and cut off the excess.
- Wave your brush in the air to ensure nothing falls apart. If something is loose, repeat the two previous steps.
- Dip your new brush in some paint and get started!
Find more #AtHomeArt projects at oklahomacontemporary.org/new-light/tag/at-home-art. And look for the opening of the beautiful new Oklahoma Contemporary building in the near future!