This fun activity makes everyone feel like an accomplished artist, kids and adults alike!
- Shaving cream (avoid gels)
- Food coloring
- Paper (light-colored construction paper or card stock)
- Paper towels
- Cookie sheet or other flat, nonporous washable surface, covered with aluminum foil (optional)
- Fork or spoon
- Apron or play clothes you don’t mind getting messy!
- Hand wipes to remove any food coloring on the skin
- Cover your work surface with a plastic or paper covering, then cut the paper into 8.5 inches x 5.5 inches (half sheets).
- Squirt a generous amount of shaving cream on the foil-covered cookie sheet.
- Using a silicone spatula, spread the shaving cream out until it is flat, about one inch thick, and slightly larger than the size of the paper.
- Lightly drop food coloring on top of the shaving cream. Limiting your design to two to three colors produces the best results.
- Lightly drag the fork or spoon through the shaving cream and color, creating patterns.
- Press the paper lightly on top of the shaving cream mixture, rubbing the paper gently to ensure good contact with the surface of the shaving cream.
- Remove the paper. Lay on top of a clean, covered work surface.
- Scrape the shaving cream off with a plastic spatula, wiping the spatula each time with a paper towel. The shaving cream is removed but the color remains, creating amazing artwork! Lay it flat to dry.
Until it’s time to enjoy the Oklahoma Hall of Fame in person again, visit digitally at oklahomahof.com/ohof-home for more fun activities for the whole family and to learn more about Oklahoma’s greatest asset, our