Thankful – [thangk-fuh l] adjective – feeling or expressing gratitude; appreciative
With Thanksgiving coming soon, take time to talk to your children about being thankful. Share what you are thankful for and why we should be thankful for the good things in our life. This craft offers a fun and creative way to help your child share the things they are thankful for this year—just in time for Thanksgiving.
- Construction paper (orange, yellow, red, brown)
- Take brown construction paper and make an outline of a tree trunk with branches.
- Cut out the tree and glue it to a plain sheet of construction paper (color of your choice).
- Next take the other sheets of construction paper and make different kinds of leaves. Make them big enough to add words.
- Ask your child what they are thankful for and write each thing on a leaf. Cut them out and glue them to the branches.