Did you have a pet rock as a child? Bring this fun, low-tech idea to your kids in a craft that is as easy as it is fun!
- Rocks (look for ones of interesting size or shape)
- Googly Eyes
- Glue (hot glue optional)
- Paint, markers or crayons
- Find your ideal rock, wash thoroughly and allow to air dry.
- Once they are dry, decorate the rock using paint, markers or crayons.
- Once your paint is dry, glue on the eyes and fill in the rest of a funny face.
Keep the craft going by making a pet rock family and have your child make up a story for the family. Hide pet rocks in the garden, or use it as a fun paperweight on your desk.
Find more creative things for your family at Terri's Creative Parenting blog.