We eat a lot of chicken so I'm always trying to come up with new ways to serve it. This week I tried my hand at oven baked chicken tenders. As much as I love deep fried chicken tenders, we all know it's not a good idea to eat them as often as I would like. Oven baked tenders don't give you all the yummy greasy-ness and thick crispy crust that you get at places like Raising Cain's, but at least your health conscience side can feel good about it.
- 1-2 lbs. chicken breast cut into tender size strips
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/2 grated parmesan cheese
- zest from 1/2 an orange
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 Tbs. water
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Generously spray a foil lined baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray. Combine all dry ingredients in a shallow bowl, mix well. Combine egg and water in a second shallow bowl to create an egg wash.
- Dip chicken in egg wash then dip in bread crumb mixture. Generously coat the chicken and pat bread crumbs on to chicken to get a nice coating. Repeat with all the chicken strips and arrange on baking sheet in a single layer.
- Bake at 450 for 15 minutes. Flip strips over and bake for 15 minutes more.
For more from Stephanie, visit www.hugskissesandsnot.com.