Needing inspiration to fill those baskets once again? Here are some simple,Pinterest-worthy ideas for all ages!
Between the hunts and desserts galore, your household is probably overloaded with sweets. Here are some easy, candy-free inspirations to fill your tike’s basket.
- Sidewalk chalk
- Art supplies
- Bath toys
- Board games
- Puzzles and other educational toys
- Outdoor toys like pails, shovels and kites
- Sippy cups
- A new stuffed lovey
- Rain boots
- Wearable fun like bunny ears and other themed dress up accessories
If your household is like mine, your kids probably have more stuff than they need. Instead, consider filling their baskets with experiences.
- Gift cards to their favorite dessert shop or restaurant mean they get to cover the tab on your family's next trip!
- Family memberships to local attractions are a great way to fill upcoming summer days, not to mention are a great way to save some money. Pair the membership with some gear they might need while at the venue and you are set for fun.
- Fill their basket with baking mixes and other supplies so they can play master chef and make something for the whole family to enjoy.
Teens are forming strong opinions. And while that may make them harder to please, you can use that insight to draw inspiration from their interests. For example:
- Fill a foot bath with spa accessories like plush slippers, eye masks, lotion and polishes, along with a date for an at-home DIY spa day.
- Got a sports enthusiast? Tip a hat over and fill it with fan fare like ballpark snacks, new fan gear and tickets to a game.
- Music lovers are sure to smile when they find their baskets filled with some new headphones or earbuds, an iTunes gift card and tickets to an upcoming concert. (BONUS TIP: Communities around the metro will be hosting an array of FREE outdoor concerts in the coming weeks.)