It's almost here…BCS bowl season. A few days where the collage football lovers can sit back and watch to their hearts desire. So many games, so many channels, so many teams, so many fans…so much Sports Center. It's enough to make the head spin.
Here's something that will keep your college football fan happy and well fed. Thanks to Kanakuk Kamp, I have another kamp favorite that is perfect for game day. Frito Love. This is basically a Frito pie but when you add the nostalgia of camp food it becomes something a little more special.
- 2 pounds ground turkey
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 3 cups tomato sauce
- 2 tbsp. Chili seasoning
- 1 pound dry macaroni noodles
- ½ pound shredded cheddar
- 8 oz. sliced black olives
- 2/3 head of iceberg lettuce, chopped
- 4 fresh tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups picante sauce
- 1 bag corn chips
- Brown turkey in pan; add onion while browning and cook until turkey is cooked through.
- Add seasoning and tomato sauce, stirring to combine.
- Keep warm until ready to serve.
- While cooking the turkey mixture, boil macaroni noodles.
- Once noodles are al dente, drain and combine with turkey mixture.
- Place all of the topping ingredients in a divided tray or individual bowls; leave the corn chips in a bag on the table.
- To serve, place the macaroni and turkey mixture its own separate serving dish.
- Everyone assembles his/her own meal with topping ingredients to his/her liking.
Find more from Stephanie at www.hugskissesandsnot.com.