Use the letters in your child's name to have fun with spelling and letters! This easy Family Letter Jumble craft helps young children with letter identification and can help older children spell, read and think creatively. How many words can you spell with the letters in your name?
- Card stock or construction paper
- Use a ruler to make 1in x 1in squares on a piece of card stock.
- Once the sqaures are drawn in, use the marker to write one letter from your child's name in each box. Including first, middle and last names provides more letters for word making.
- Cut out the squares and mix up the letters. You can limit each person to the letter found in their name, or put everyone's letters into a pile.
- Take turn making words out of the letters on hand. Have races to see who can make the most words out of their name the fastest. Expand the game by including the names of relatives, friends, or family pets.
- Have fun!
Find more creative things for your family at Terri's Creative Parenting blog.