September 24, 2021 to September 24, 2021
10:00 AM until 01:00 PM
Learn what you can do to help protect endangered gorillas in the wild and their habitat from our conservation and animal experts. Activities include photo opportunities presented by Bob Moore Subaru, Facebook live videos and more.
Event activities are free with Zoo admission and include:
- Kids Activities with Prizes: Wildlife enthusiasts 11 and under will have the opportunity to learn about gorillas through interactive activities: Whose Nose Matching Game, GOAL-rilla Cellphone Challenge and Get to Know Gorillas Trivia Wheel.
- Photo Opportunities, hosted by Bob Moore Subaru.
- Conservation Education Station
- OKC Zoo Wildlife Conservation Wristbands: These exclusive wristbands featuring gorillas and other species will be available at the event for $2 each and proceeds support the Zoo’s Round Up for Conservation program.
- Facebook Live Chats: Tune in here, Facebook, for special live streams featuring the Zoo’s expert primate caretakers.
- Caretaker Conservation Chat, 9:30 a.m.: Learn how the OKC Zoo is involved in gorilla conservation and what you can do to help.
- Caretaker Conservation Chat, 11 a.m.: Gorilla Enrichment Opportunity, guests will observe as the gorillas enjoy special enrichment.
Answer the call to save gorillas by donating old or used cell phones to the Gorillas on the Line Cellphone Challenge during the event and receive a free Zoo admission ticket! Small electronics frequently contain coltan and mining for this substance threatens the habitats of gorillas and other endangered species. When individuals donate used phones or other electronics, the coltan from those devices is re-used and reduces the need to mine for the compound in gorilla habitats. Gorilla fans who donate a cellphone through Sept. 24, will receive a free general admission ticket to the Zoo. These items can be dropped off for recycling in the Zoo’s guest services office in the Entry Plaza.
LocationOklahoma City Zoo View map
2101 NE 50th St,
Oklahoma City, OK, US