June 21, 2021 to June 21, 2021
10:00 AM until 01:00 PM
Take part in a worldwide celebration of giraffes that sheds light on the challenges giraffes face in the wild. Established by the Giraffe Conservation Foundation (GCF), this annual event raises awareness and support for giraffes that are listed as vulnerable in the wild. On World Giraffe Day, Zoo guests can enjoy a variety of activities happening near the giraffe habitat from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Activities include an information station, interactive activities for kids with prizes, photo opportunities and Facebook live chats with the Zoo’s expert giraffe caretakers.
- Two interactive activities, Spot Safari! and Happy “Giraffidae” Day, for kids 11 & under
- Facebook Live Chats with the Zoo’s giraffe caretakers at 10 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. Tune in here, Facebook, for both talks.
- Animal Enrichment (10 a.m. at the giraffe habitat): Watch as the gentle giants enjoy enrichment treats provided by their caretakers.
- Conservation Education Station: View bio-facts and hear what the Zoo is doing to help wild giraffe and their habitat and how you can help.
- Zoo Silage Program Station: Peeled, sealed, delivered! Discover how the Zoo preserves seasonal browse for its giraffe and other animals to enjoy during the winter.
- Photo Opportunities sponsored by Bob Moore Subaru.
All event activities are free with Zoo admission.
LocationOklahoma City Zoo View map
2101 NE 50th St,
Oklahoma City, OK, US