June 22, 2020 toAugust 07, 2020
10:00 AM until 12:00 PM
This event occurs weekly, on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
Stop by the Children’s Garden for fun activities that explore and celebrate the plant world.
- Make-it Mondays: Each Monday children will make and take something home using a variety of natural and craft materials. They'll make a summer-full of fun garden crafts such as wind chimes, chia heads and seed bombs.
- Tasty Tuesdays: Don't miss this fun morning where you'll get to play with food. Combine different shaped fresh veggies, fruits, and herbs to create edible animals like cucumber bumble bees and cauliflower sheep!
- Reading Wednesdays: It's that time of year when Reading Wednesdays moves back out into the garden! We'll be reading nature-inspired books that connect children with what is growing and changing in the garden each week. After the reading, the kids will make a craft.
- "Think Green" Thursdays: This day of the week is devoted to fun crafts that focus on the 3 R's of environmental kindness: reduce, reuse, and recycle. The group will up-cycle unused or discarded items to make something new and cool like transforming a plastic bottle into a bird feeder.
- Find-it Fridays: This is a self-guided scavenger hunt, leading kids on a discovery of nature in the Children's Garden with all its shapes, textures, and beautiful colors. Use exploring tools like magnifying lenses and binoculars, as you wind your way through the garden.
NO ACTIVITIES ON JULY 4.
LocationMyriad Botanical Gardens' Children's Garden View map
301 W Reno,
Oklahoma City, OK, USA