July 28, 2023 to July 28, 2023
10:00 AM until 02:00 PM
Watch a variety of the OKC Zoo’s wildlife interact with summer-inspired enrichment prepared for them by their caretakers, encouraging them to use their environment to stay cool. Utilizing treats and toys, guests will see animals interact with items like a giant ice block, sprinklers and more.
The Zoo’s caretakers use daily enrichment to enhance the quality of an animal’s habitat, and to offer opportunities for animals to participate in species-specific behaviors such as foraging and exploration. Guests may see caretakers add toys, feeders, ice treats or scents to encourage animals’ natural abilities, ensuring they have different opportunities throughout the day.
- 10 a.m.: Goats (Children’s Zoo, Barnyard area)
- 10:30 a.m.: Galapagos Tortoises (Children’s Zoo)
- 11 a.m.: Chimpanzees (Great EscApe) *Guests might have an opportunity to see our chimpanzee infant, Kiazi, partaking in the enrichment fun!
- 11:30 a.m.: Cassowaries (Sanctuary Asia)
- NOON / BREAK
- 1 p.m.: Ostrich (Predator Pass, near the Okapi)
- 1:30 p.m.: Big Rivers Aquarium (Oklahoma Trails, Big Rivers building)
- 2 p.m.: Asian Elephants (Sanctuary Asia, elephant habitat)
LocationOklahoma City Zoo View map
2000 Remington Place,
Oklahoma City, OK 73111, US