March 14, 2020 to March 20, 2020
10:00 AM until 05:00 PM
- Saturday, March 14: Food Day – A day of food demonstrations with traditional cuisines from throughout the American West. Sample foods like hardtack, cornbread, fry bread and grape dumplings.
- Monday, March 16: Craft Day – Children can become makers by participating in crafts, including pottery, basket weaving, beading, silversmith arts and leatherwork.
- Tuesday, March 17: Perked-Up Playdate on the Friess Family Playground – Plan to meet up with friends to play together on the new playground equipment. Lattés for parents and hot cocoa for children will be offered without charge.
- Wednesday, March 18: Music and Dance Day – Children can touch and try musical instruments, listen to music, watch folkloric and native dance demonstrations, participate in square dance and more. Blackbird Dance Troupe will be among the live performers present.
- Thursday, March 19: Welcome, Springtime! – Pack a picnic and come experience the first official day of spring in Liichokoshkomo,’ with seasonally-themed activities that celebrate the outdoor space’s natural elements, intentional greenspace.
- Friday, March 20: Storytelling Day – Families can explore the art and methods of storytelling and the passing on of oral traditions from one generation to the next. Listen to cowboy poetry, tell your story at the open mic session and create your own travel journal and six-word story.
**The special activities and programming that were planned for March 14-20 will now be moved to our Annual Chuck Wagon Festival on Memorial Day weekend (May 23-24).
LocationNational Cowboy & Western Heritage Museum View map
1700 NE 63rd St,
Oklahoma City, OK