October 09, 2021 to October 31, 2021
09:00 AM until 04:00 PM
This event occurs weekly, on Sunday, Saturday
Trick-or-treaters can collect treats from 13 candy stations located along the Haunt the Zoo trail. Volunteers will distribute candy and tasty snacks through 8-foot “treat tubes” into trick-or-treat bags from a safe distance. Guests can also visit themed booths displaying an array of family-friendly decorations and elaborate props, perfect for capturing photo moments. Haunt the Zoo goers are invited to wear their Halloween costumes. Adults may wear costumes, too, but nothing scary.
To participate in trick-or-treat activities, an official treat bag must be purchased for each participant for $7 ($6 for ZOOfriends members). This does not include general admission for entry into the Zoo. Advance tickets are required for all guests and ZOOfriends members and can be purchased at www.okczoo.org/tickets. Zoo tickets are limited each day to ensure safe social distancing among guests.
On Saturday, October 9, Jurassic Park advisor, explorer and author, “Dino” Don Lessem, will share his expertise and passion about the most incredible creatures that ever lived with Haunt the Zoo guests during two educational presentations at 11 a.m. and 3 p.m. Travel back to the age of dinosaurs with Dino Don as he talks in-depth about these unique animals, how they evolved over time and where they roamed. Both sessions are free with Haunt the Zoo admission and will take place at the Zoo’s Devon Picnic Area, Roughneck Pavilion. Seating will be available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
More Haunt the Zoo/Halloween happenings:
- Pumpkin Painting Craft – The Zoo’s pumpkin painting activity invites kids 11 and under to get crafty and create a personal pumpkin from the event. Located at the Zoo’s Wildcat Pavilion in the picnic area, Pumpkin Painting costs $5/child for ZOOfriends members and $6/child for non-members. Capacity is limited per event date.
- Hay Maze – Let your kiddo enjoy this interactive activity at no additional cost. The Hay Maze is located at the Zoo’s picnic area.
- Halloween-Themed Sea Lion Presentation – The Zoo’s marine mammal team created a special sea lion presentation that focuses on popular Halloween characters and movies that are “delightful not frightful,” making this appropriate for young ages. These presentations are exclusive to Haunt the Zoo dates at 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. in the sea lion stadium. Admission is $5 per person and children two and under are free.
- Endangered Species Carousel – Take a “boo”rrific spin on the carousel – all decked out for Haunt the Zoo. Additional fees apply for each ride and can be purchased in advance with your admission tickets or on-site. Children two and under ride for free.
- OKC Zoo’s Annual Pumpkin Drive – The fun rolls on with the Zoo’s annual Pumpkin Drive from Friday, October 1 through Thursday, October 7. Guests bringing a pumpkin larger than their heads to the Zoo during regular hours will receive free same-day admission. Limit one free admission per person. Pumpkins will be available for purchase in front of the Zoo. Donated pumpkins will be used to decorate Haunt the Zoo.
LocationOklahoma City Zoo View map
2101 NE 50th St,
Oklahoma City, OK