The best free ticket in town is just a click away through the Smithsonian magazine’s Museum Day Live! program. Tickets granting free admission for two people per household to participating museums on Saturday, September 29 may be downloaded from the Smithsonian magazine website.
Museum Day Live! celebrates education through the nation’s wide array of museums and cultural institutions. For one day only, participating locations across the country will emulate the free admission policy of the Smithsonian Institution’s Washington, D.C.-based facilities. The program encourages learning and the dissemination of knowledge nationwide. Last year’s event drew over 350,000 museum-goers to over 1,400 museums.
Participating venues in Oklahoma this year are:
- Chisholm Trail Heritage Center (Duncan)
- Fred Jones Jr. Museum of Art and the Sam Noble Museum (Norman)
- Gilcrease Museum, Philbrook Museum of Art and Tulsa Historical Society & Museum (Tulsa)
- Mabee-Gerrer Museum of Art (Shawnee)
- Oklahoma History Center and Science Museum Oklahoma (Oklahoma City)
- Pawnee Bill Ranch & Museum (Pawnee)
- Three Rivers Museum (Muskogee)
- Will Rogers Memorial Museum (Claremore)
For more information or to download tickets, visit www.smithsonianmag.com/museumday.