Providing museum exhibits and curriculum to your school
The Oklahoma Hall of Fame (OHOF) preserves Oklahoma’s unique history while promoting pride in our great state. Through free educational and cultural programs as well as exhibits at the Gaylord-Pickens Museum, the organization honors the state’s rich tradition by telling Oklahoma’s story through its people.
OHOF offers a wide variety of FREE programs that are fun for the whole family, including:
- Free Family Fun Days like Spring Thing, Fall Y’all and Summer Thursdays, which feature seasonal crafts and activities, as well as free admission to the museum.
- Free admission is also available every second Saturday during See You Saturdays. The first hour of the program provides a sensory-friendly experience.
- Free Field Trips for grades K-12 from all schools across Oklahoma. Programs include hands-on learning experiences.
- Homeschool Days for children and families from all types of learning environments.
Explain more about the museum.
The museum shares Oklahoma’s story through its people. They are dedicated to helping Oklahoma educators and students have meaningful and enjoyable learning experiences as they are learning about the people who have impacted and shaped our state. For kids, they offer several interactive exhibits at the museum that really bring these stories to life!
- Feature Oklahomans with inspiring, unique stories that demonstrate the title characteristic such as Shannon Lucid, astronaut; S.E. Hinton, author; Will Rogers, actor/journalist; and Jim Thorpe, athlete.
- Include stand-up banners as well as accompanying age-appropriate curriculum, resources and video links for elementary, middle and high school students, which engage the students and fulfill Oklahoma Academic Standards.
- Can be booked for one to two weeks.
- Even include free shipping!