I call this Disappearing Sausage Queso because it didn't take long before it was all gone. I served it to a group of teens and was assured that they thought it was totally awesome.
While a bunch of 14 and 15 year olds may have loved it for its cheesy goodness, I love it because it's so easy. It takes less than 10 minutes to put together and then just a couple hours on high in the crock pot to reach lava status. While you prepare your super bowl buffet, the crock pot is doing the work for you.
- 1 lb. pork sausage
- 1 block Velveeta cheese, chopped into large cubes
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 8 oz. white American cheese
- 28 oz. can Rotel tomatoes and green chilies
- Brown sausage in a pan until cooked through. Drain it on a paper towel and set aside.
- Roughly chop the cheeses and place in a crock pot.
- Top with Rotel and sausage.
- Heat on high until cheese is melted and stir everything together.
- Serve with your favorite tortilla chips.