The Child Guidance program at the Oklahoma City-County Health Department will offer developmental screenings for children birth to five years old at the following libraries:
* Belle Isle Library – February 1, 12:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
* Capitol Hill Library– February 2, 1:0 0 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
* Bethany Library– February 3, 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
* Warr Acres Library– February 9, 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
* Edmond Library– February 15, 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
* Midwest City Library– February 15, 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
* ChoctawLibrary – February 16, 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
* RJN Downtown Library – February 23, 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
* Village Library – February 23, 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
These will be individual sessions lasting approximately 1 hour with a Child Development Specialist, Speech/Language Pathologist and/or a Behavioral Health Specialist. Sessions include discussion about the normal range of early development as well as any parenting questions that the parent may have in the areas of Speech, Language, Development, and Behavior. Sessions are by appointment only. There is a small fee for screenings. Medicaid is accepted. No person will be denied services for inability to pay.
Please call Child Guidance @ 405-425-4412 to schedule an appointment.