MetroFamily Magazine’s Cover Kids Search
2023 Official Rules of Entry
We’re happy you’re joining the fun of our Cover Kids Search!
Here’s how it will work: MetroFamily Magazine’s Cover Kids Search is going virtual! Submit your child’s portrait online, answer our “about me” section and include your $10 submission fee per entrant. Starting in early October, our readers will have an opportunity to vote for their favorite Cover Kids. At the end of the voting period, the top five finalists from each category will have a virtual interview with one of our personality panel participants. The ultimate winner in each category will then be chosen by MetroFamily’s editorial panel. Every family that enters will receive a virtual swag bag in early October.
First, please review the official rules below. When you enter, you acknowledge that you have read, approve and agree to adhere to these official rules.
- 2-3 year old
- 4-5 year old
- 6-7 year old
- 8-9 year old
- 10-12 year old
- The Cover Kids Search is open to children ages 2-12. Parents or caregivers are to complete the entry application. Only Oklahoma residents are eligible to enter the Search and entrants acknowledge that if chosen as a finalist and/or winner, all photos will be taken in the Oklahoma City area, in a locale or locales chosen by MetroFamily. Employees of MetroFamily and their immediate family members are not eligible.
- All Cover Kid entries must be entered here and the following information is to be provided via the form: Parent or legal guardian name, phone number, zip code, email address, child’s name, child’s age as of October 1, 2022 and a photo of the child you are entering (the “Photo”) will be uploaded as a part of the form.
- The child (or children in the Sibling Category) that appear/s in the Photo must be between the ages of 2 and 12 as of October 1, 2022.
- If entering a child in the Individual category, the photo for that entry must include only the child being entered. In other words, the photo cannot include any other people in the image.
- No more than five (5) children can be featured within one image for the Siblings category, and no child should appear in the photo who is not entered into the Cover Kids Search in the Siblings category. In other words, only the children entered together as siblings can appear in the submitted photo.
- You may NOT enter a photo that has previously been sold for publication or advertising use.
- Uploaded photo must be a .JPG format. Be sure your photo clearly shows your entrant’s face without obstruction of makeup, hats, sunglasses, masks, etc.
- Avoid sending low quality or low resolution photos as they do not reproduce well. When using a digital camera or phone, we recommend you use “portrait mode” or the “largest” or “highest quality” setting.
- COMING SOON: Our tips on how to take the perfect pic for the contest!
- All submissions must be submitted by 11:59 p.m. CT, September 30, 2022
- Winners of Cover Kids Search agree to act as MetroFamily Ambassadors and when possible, help serve the community via MetroFamily projects and nonprofit outreach. (Project and Outreach TBD in 2022.)
- Any entry photo or portion thereof that is, in the Judge’s sole discretion, obscene, profane, lewd, defamatory, contains any third party materials, or otherwise violates or infringes (or may infringe) any copyright, trademark, logo, mark that identifies a brand or other proprietary right of any person living or deceased (including but not limited to rights of privacy or publicity or portrayal in a false light) or entity, or is otherwise objectionable, will not be disqualified from the contest.
- Automated, script, macro or robotic entries submitted by individuals or organizations will be disqualified.
- Entrants may not copy or otherwise plagiarize the entry material from any source. Judges have the sole discretion to determine whether a photo qualifies as an entry. All entries must be the sole, original work of the entrants.
- Images/items used in the Photo should not contain any visible logos, drawings, cartoons, phrases, trademarks or other third-party materials.
- By submitting an entry, you hereby grant MetroFamily Magazine the irrevocable, perpetual digital and other rights to use, reproduce, edit, market, store, distribute, have distributed, publicly and privately display, communicate, publicly and privately perform, transmit, have transmitted, create derivative works based upon, and promote the Entries for editorial and promotional purposes.
- MetroFamily staff at its discretion reserves the right to add an additional entry to the five voted finalists in any or all of the six categories.
- MetroFamily is not responsible for internet crashes or slowdowns caused by network congestion, viruses, sabotage, satellite failures, phone line failures, electrical outages, natural disasters or acts of man or God.
- MetroFamily reserves the right to change the rules at any time.
- This contest is not intended for gambling. If it is determined that a contestant is using the contest for gambling purposes they will be disqualified and reported to authorities.
- Any entry not in compliance with the above and that does not meet the requirements will be disqualified. A refund will be issued within thirty days and no virtual swag bag will be emailed.
- All Individual entries must be accompanied by a $10 fee for each entry submitted to the Cover Kids Search.
- All Sibling entrants must be accompanied by a $10 fee for each entry submitted to the Cover Kids Search.
MetroFamily Insiders receive the first Cover Kids Search entry for FREE ($10 discount)!
- Each unique entering family will receive an email with one (1) virtual swag bag at the end of the submission period on October 2, 2022, that includes special coupons and downloadable activities valued over $100.
- Winners in the five individual categories and the one sibling category will appear on their own cover of MetroFamily Magazine’s 2023 monthly issues. MetroFamily will dictate which issue they will appear and where the photo will be taken.
- Winners will receive a photoshoot with our photography sponsor, FotoArts Photography, along with one (1) high resolution digital image of the final photo of the child(ren) used on the cover, a PDF of the actual MetroFamily cover, and a 20% discount on a future family photo package with Foto Arts Photography. Cover Kids winners will also have the option to purchase ten (10) of the photoshoot images from Foto Arts Photography for $150.
- Prizes are non-transferable and no cash substitution is allowed. MetroFamily Magazine reserves the right to substitute any prize with another prize of equal or greater value.
- JUDGING & NOTIFICATION:
- Submit your child’s portrait August 1-September 30, 2022. Engage your family and friends to encourage votes for your submission(s) from October 1-8, 2022.
- MetroFamily’s Cover Kids Search has a total of six (6) categories.
- 2-3 year old
- 4-5 year old
- 6-7 year old
- 8-9 year old
- 10-12 year old
- Sibling Photo
- The top five (5) entries in each of the six (6) categories with the most votes will be notified via email by October 15, 2022 and move on to the final round. The final round consists of a virtual interview with our Personality Panel scheduled between October 18-22, 2022. At its discretion, MetroFamily staff reserves the right to add one additional entry to those selected by the public vote in any or all of the categories. All finalists must participate in a virtual interview.
- After the final round, one winner will be selected for each of the six categories and notified by November 6, 2022. Winners will be notified by email. Winners will be formally announced in the January 2023 issue and cover photoshoots will be scheduled in 2023.
- If a winner is unreachable after seven (7) days, or if that winner is unavailable for prize fulfillment, an alternate winner will be selected. If an eligible winner cannot be found for the prize, that prize will not be awarded.
- Winners may be required to provide an additional photo for promotional purposes.
- By entering, entrants (and their parents or legal guardians) accept and agree to be bound by these Official Rules.
- Each winner, by acceptance of the prize, agrees to release all Cover Kids Search Sponsors and MetroFamily, and their parent and subsidiary companies, their officers, directors, employees, agents, shareholders, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, and advertising agencies from all liability, claims, or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, damages, or losses to persons and property which may be sustained in connection with the receipt, ownership, or use of the prize.