Let the moms in your life know how much they are loved and appreciated! And if you’re the mom in your household, give this list to your people or plan your own day based on what makes you feel special. Check out these 8 ideas to help moms feel the love:
- Grab take-out from mom’s favorite brunch spot. Check out these reader-recommended restaurants offering curbside pick-up or delivery.
- Make mom a keepsake gift with our 5 easy DIY craft ideas.
- Gift mom her favorite bath salts or oils, a new book or playlist and give her an hour to herself.
- Take mom on a virtual vacation to one of her bucket list locales. Use this list for inspiration.
- Plan a movie night. Let mom pick the flick and the snacks. If she loves homemade popcorn, check out these creative recipes.
- Encourage mom to make time for self-care. Help mom out so she can make time for herself to go for a walk or run solo (or with you if she’d prefer some company!) or to take time for mindfulness with our This Land Yoga series.
- Treat your mom to an OKC Culture Box filled with tickets to fun, local attractions and unique souvenirs. Boxes can be purchase at seven attractions: OKC Zoo, Oklahoma City Museum of Art, The Cowboy, Oklahoma Contemporary, Science Museum Oklahoma, Oklahoma History Center and Oklahoma City National Memorial Museum.
- Check out more gift ideas for mom from locally-owned businesses with our Mother’s Day Gift Guide! And check out these locally found, sustainable gift ideas for moms and dads!
Show us how you’re celebrating your mom (or celebrating you!) by tagging #okcfamilyfun! Or by commenting below. For even more ideas to celebrate moms this Mother’s Day, check out our Mother’s Day Fun Guide.