Could your child be the next Oprah Winfrey or Bill Gates? Do they always seem to be coming up with business ideas? Want to earn extra money? Encourage them to participate in our next fun event, Acton’s Children’s Business Fair.
Register here for Children’s Business Fair on March 28, 2020!
In partnership with the Girl Scouts Western Oklahoma, MetroFamily is hosting a fair that showcases 40 young entrepreneurs and their products or services. And we’ll invite the public to attend to purchase from these young, industrious entrepreneurs.
HERE’S HOW IT WILL WORK:
- Kids ages 6-14, boys and girls, will need to apply before Jan. 14 to be a part of the fair.
- From those applications, 40 will be chosen that represent a variety of business ideas and ages.*
- Kids can band together (max of 3 in a group) to do a booth together.
- There will be an informative workshop held about three weeks prior to the fair to help the participants learn more about presenting and selling their product, handling money and more.
- The event will be held at Cox Convention Center in downtown OKC from 11am to 4pm on Mar. 28, 2020.
- The young entrepreneurs will not only be able to earn money through their booth, they’ll be competing in age groups for cash prizes for being original and having the best presentation.
- * PLEASE NOTE: If your child or the group of children create a “food” related product, you cannot put a price on the food unless you want to pay food licensing fees ($80) and create the food product in a commercial kitchen (which would also cost). Your signage would have to say “Donations suggested” and not include a price to avoid the fees and other requirements. Please email email@example.com with any questions about this.
Encourage your child to learn first-hand about business, sales and money management in a fun, hands-on way. Sign up and find a video at www.