Winter weather means something entirely different when you have children. The dream of cuddling up to a fire with a mug of hot cocoa is dashed when your kids are exploding with energy because of blustery winds and frigid temperatures. Have no fear! We’ve rounded up a list of indoor places to wear them out. Here are some of our favorite indoor play places in the Oklahoma City metro.
- Science Museum Oklahoma: This museum has something for everyone in the family including active and engaging areas throughout the museum where even mom and dad can play.
- Main Event: Whether the kids are bowling a strike, scaling the Ropes course or gaming, they are sure to find some way to burn off that extra energy at Main Event.
- Urban Air Trampoline and Adventure Park: Race, jump, climb and bounce away cabin fever at Urban Air. From the indoor go-carts to the warrior obstacle course, there are plenty of ways for kids to be active.
- Breakaway Indoor Playground: Kids can climb, jump, swing and slide their way through a multi-story play structure and a kid-sized city with a grocery store, fire department and hospital. There is also a separate play area for infant and toddlers.
- Topgolf OKC: Shake up family fun with a trip to Topgolf. Specials like half-price Tuesdays lets everyone in on the fun.
- The Play Pit: Norman’s only indoor playground that offers a dedicated toddler area plus a comfortable lounge area for parents and caregivers to watch their children play.
- Unpluggits Paint & Play: Our readers consistently comment that this is one of their favorite places to play indoors. Unpluggits has one area dedicated to crafts and a two-story playground where kids can expend plenty of energy.
- We Rock the Spectrum: This indoor playground and kids’ gym offers a fun, sensory-friendly environment for kids of all ages and abilities to enjoy activities, equipment and crafts.
- Another great place to play inside for free is at your local library! Many host story times and other fun events for all ages.