Winter weather means something entirely different when you have children. The dream of cuddling up to a fire with a mug of hot cocoa is dashed when your kids are exploding with energy because of blustery winds and frigid temperatures. Have no fear! We’ve rounded up a list of indoor places to wear them out. Here are some of our favorite indoor play places in the Oklahoma City metro.
- Science Museum Oklahoma: This museum has something for everyone in the family including active and engaging areas throughout the museum where even mom and dad can play.
- Main Event: Whether the kids are bowling a strike, scaling the Ropes course or gaming, they are sure to find some way to burn off that extra energy at Main Event.
- Urban Air Trampoline and Adventure Park: Race, jump, climb and bounce away cabin fever at Urban Air. From the indoor go-carts to the warrior obstacle course, there are plenty of ways for kids to be active.
- Breakaway Indoor Playground: Kids can climb, jump, swing and slide their way through a multi-story play structure and a kid-sized city with a grocery store, fire department and hospital. There is also a separate play area for infant and toddlers.
- Topgolf OKC: Shake up family fun with a trip to Topgolf. Specials like half-price Tuesdays and $15 unlimited play on weekday mornings are perfect for families and their Kidzone lets everyone in on the fun.
- Skate Galaxy: This skating rink makes skating even more fun with regular activities and games like limbo, glow skating and free lessons on Saturdays.
- Unpluggits Paint & Play: Our readers consistently comment that this is one of their favorite places to play indoors and they’ve even won Family Favorites awards for best place to entertain toddlers! Unpluggits has one area dedicated to crafts and a two-story playground where kids can expend plenty of energy.
- Jump!Zone: This facility boasts the largest indoor inflatable play space in the metro.
- Another great place to play inside for free is at a mall playground. To find more family fun in any weather, check out our calendar or our list of reader recommended indoor play places.