Winter weather means something entirely different when you have children. The dream of cuddling up to a fire with a mug of hot cocoa is dashed when your kids are exploding with energy because of blustery winds and frigid temperatures. Have no fear! We’ve rounded up a list of indoor places to wear them out. Here are some of our favorite indoor play places in the Oklahoma City metro.
- Science Museum Oklahoma: This museum has something for everyone in the family including active and engaging areas throughout the museum where even mom and dad can play.
- Main Event: Whether the kids are bowling a strike, scaling the Ropes course or gaming, they are sure to find some way to burn off that extra energy at Main Event.
- Elevation Trampoline Park: Wall-to-wall trampolines never looked so good. This indoor jump park has been voted the best place for indoor play by our readers in our annual Family Favorites awards, so it’s definitely mom-approved. While it’s very popular with teens and older kids, there’s a special Junior Jumpers area that welcomes kids as young as two.
- Breakaway Indoor Playground: Kids can climb, jump, swing and slide their way through a multi-story play structure and a kid-sized city with a grocery store, fire department and hospital. There is also a separate play area for infant and toddlers.
- Andy Alligator’s Fun Park: This Norman play place is fun in all seasons because it boasts just as many inside activities as outside ones. The facility is consistently named a winner or finalist in our Family Favorites awards for their indoor activities. They offer laser tag, an arcade, bumper cars and plenty of snacks and drinks on-site.
- Skate Galaxy: This skating rink makes skating even more fun with regular activities and games like limbo, glow skating and free lessons on Saturdays.
- Unpluggits Paint & Play: Our readers consistently comment that this is one of their favorite places to play indoors and they’ve even won Family Favorites awards for best place to entertain toddlers! Unpluggits has one area dedicated to crafts and a two-story playground where kids can expend plenty of energy.
- Jump!Zone: This facility boasts the largest indoor inflatable play space in the metro.
- Another great place to play inside for free is at a mall playground. To find more family fun in any weather, check out our calendar or our list of reader recommended indoor play places.