In order to find the best representation of metro kids to grace our covers each year, MetroFamilyMagazine hosts a Cover Kid Search event. While we love to see bright smiles, our event is also about finding kids with big hearts who desire to make our community an even better place to live. We’re looking for kids between the ages of 2 and 12, and we’ll select one child to represent each age category and a sibling category on our covers in 2020.
To be considered, kids must be registered and plan to attend our Cover Kids Search event on Sunday, Oct. 13. A $25 registration fee (maximum of $50 for up to 5 entries from one household) covers the cost of the great prizes and experiences each child will receive, valued at over $100 (and growing). Check out the top 5 things registered kids (and their families!) will receive:
- A fun event for the whole family, held at the Myriad Gardens on Sunday, Oct. 13. We’ll havepartners on hand providing engaging activities and experiences. Make an art project with Unpluggits, meet a real princess or superhero from Forever After Parties, get a caricature drawing from our artist, craft your MetroFamily crown. Make a family fun day of it by exploring downtown on the Streetcar, enjoying Pumpkinville in the Children’s Garden, taking a ride on the Myriad Garden’s carousel or grabbing lunch or dinner at a local hotspot.
- The opportunity to have your child professionally photographed by our talented family lifestyle photographer of FotoArts Photography. You’ll receive the digital files of your child’s photo on our magazine cover, which gives a great start for relatives’ holiday gifts! The photos also make a great holiday card, so you can check holiday photos off your list!
- Interviews with a fun and engaging local personality who loves kids. The “interview” portion of Cover Kids Search is really just a one-on-one conversation with a community member who will be thrilled to meet your child. Kids get an opportunity to introduce themselves and talk about the activities they enjoy, a great learning experience to present themselves to an audience who’s rooting for their success. Whether kids are outgoing or a bit shy, our panelists will make them feel right at home.
- A swag bag full of passes to some of OKC’s hottest family-friendly venues, including four tickets to Myriad Gardens’ Pumpkinville, which can be used anytime, not just the day of the event. Also receive a pass to the National Cowboy & Western Heritage Museum, four tickets to Oklahoma Hall of Fame, a ticket to Chester’s Pumpkin Patch, Edmond Ice Rink and many more!
- The chance to star on one of MetroFamily’s covers AND give back to the community. 2020 Cover Kids will enjoy a fun photoshoot with our professional photographer, with handpicked outfits and accessories to make them feel cool/glam. In addition, Cover Kids get together during the year to participate in service projects to benefit local nonprofit organizations.
We can’t wait to meet your cuties! Register by the deadline of Oct. 8.
Special thanks to our Cover Kids 2020 Sponsors